Ssi/frustrated

Darlene

Has anyone gotten SSI based on POTS alone? i don't pass out, but i am pretty sick quite a bit.

I filled out my application in May, and just received my denial letter. It says "We have determined that your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. We considered the medical and other information, your age, education, training and work experience in determining how your condition affects your ability to work."

My condition is not severe enough to keep me from working lol. Then why would I apply for SSI. Also, what does my age or education have to do with anything. Yes I do have a few degrees, but what matters if I worked at McDonald's all my life, or I was a Dr. If your sick, your sick.

I meet with a disability Lawyer tomorrow, hopefully he can help me.

I did read through some of my medical records from Dr. Blair Grubb. Sometimes he states I am severely incapacitated, and sometimes he states I have mild autonomic dysfunction. At the time of diagnosis, I had to go stay with my parents for a few month. I was so sick I was lucky to take a shower once a day. I did not eat (unless my mom made me), I was severely nauseated and vomiting, chronic diarrhea, sweating one minute, then cold (having chills the next), felt like I was going to pass out 24/7, dizzy, tachycardia, chronic fatigue, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, difficulty holding my head up... then after POTS diagnosis and given lexapro and metoprolol; it helped, but not enough for me to hold a job.

Will I not get SSI because he states at times mild autonomic dysfunction? (which is not true) If the Dr.'s and people who determine SSI benefits would come live with me, they would see just how sick I am.

He has also stated I have denied being disable. I have never stated that to him. He has never asked.

What the heck am I suppose to do.

Almost everyone gets denied first and the second round, even fewer are approved( reconsideration stage is very hard to get an approval because unless you havecsome drastic changes, they will just go off the first decision). Your best chance is at the third stage, which is the hearing. I am hoping im close to that stage soon because ive been waiting over a year after my second denial to get a hearing date... This process is just terrible.

Sorry, hope the 2nd round will do it for you. Hopefully the disability lawyer can give you some good advice. I was approved based on POTS but I also have a fainting problem because if it. Good luck to all of you struggling with this!

Brye

I talked with a disability attorney this morning. I have never been to 1 before, and didn't know what to expect. My friend said he would ask lots of question. I went into his office, and handed him the paperwork he had sent me. He handed me some papers to sign, and while I was signing papers he read through the papers he had sent me in the mail to fill out and bring to him on the 1st day of my appointment. He says "you have POTS", my niece has that. I know all about it. You have a pretty good chance at winning your case". He didn't ask me 1 question. He explained a few things to me, then I went home. I wasn't there long at all. Out of all the lawyers I could had picked, I picked the 1 who actually knew about POTS. Actually my friend referred me to him. He said I should hear something in 3 to 4 months. He says if you don't get approved in 3 months, then you should at the hearing which will probably take a year.

I'm still waiting for my Round 1 denial. Even though I can't stand 30 seconds without fainting I'm sure some job will be appropriate :) How long does it take to find out? does anyone know? I applied in Nov, toward the beginning, so it has been 7 months. Do they have a timeframe? I just want to get phase over with one over with so I can move on !!! It was hard enough to actually apply.

For all of you denied- be patient and for those of us waiting- positive thoughts maybe???? Lol

Jen

Unforunately there is no time frame. Some states are way more backlogged than others and te more medical records you have, the longer it takes them to go throug them. I have been on a lot of disability forums and have seen people approved in just one month, while some wait longer than 9 months to get a denial letter. There is no guessing with disability lol

Toll Booth job ... really? HA, You''re not going to relocate for the perfect job in a toll booth? Mine took about 4 months for the approval. Must vary by state. I live in AR.

Brye