Bradycardia As Well As Tachy!

anna

Do many folk here have days were you have bradycardia even when moving about?!

My son's new symptoms are more breathlessness, very heavy arms and legs, pain in his head, not a headache as such! We checked his BP which was between 98/68 to 117/73 but his Heart rate stayed around low 50's and that is when his head pain was worse.

Any ideas?!

No ideas as to why, but............

Last year at my check up in Alabama my Doc looked at the month long continuous halter monitor recordings and was stunned and cranky that it had been ignored.

I had been told my month long reading was fine.

Got all the actuall recordings from the company that recorded it and I had arrythmias everywhere and was Bradycardic almost every night, Tachycardic for no reason all over the place and yup even Brady during the day.

My Heart rate during that month, recorded was anywhere from 40-135. The most exertion I did was a stroll in the backyard.

I could NOT nor will I ever be able to record when I'm at my most symptomatic which is during and right after showers. I need a waterproof monitor but I guess that doesn't exist....yet.

My Doc in Alabama took one look, said that's NOT normal and I have POTS. Not classic Pots but some strange variation.

My PCP here has recorded my heart beat as low as 32. That's the lowest I've caught it at home, the highest is 176.

My Tilt Table test started at 63, went to 115 when my BP was 40/17 and then as soon as they lowered me my Heart Rate plummeted to 51......I guess that's not normal at all, that landed me in the CCU for 3 hours.

Yep. I have that too. Not all the time, as I'm mostly in tachy, but I've been sustained in 50's while walking (I knew b/c I was wearing a heart rate monitor). When it's low, I feel horrible--nauseated to the point of feeling like I'm going to vomit.

Oh, and for me, the most stabilizing things for my h/r are high salt diet, high fluid, and although I hate hate hate them...support hose. Not even the rx one, just some that I got from one the places people here have used to order online (can't remember name)

I have episodes of brady. When so I'm bedbound (usually for some days) with hr in 30's. As soon as I lift my head from my pillow the world starts spinning. I can only make it to the bathroom when I put my legs up, start biking as fast as possible to get hr up. I thought that an awesome trick :) (I do need to be quick or hr will be down and I'm in trouble again). We havent figured out what causes these episoded, fortunately they don't usually last longer than 3 or 4 days.

Ive had a few times where this has happened to me as well--very scary!!! It seemed that no matter what I did I could not get my heart to beat faster. This last time it happened I ended up eating extremely spicy peppers and peanutbutter (which always makes me tachycardic) to try to help myself. It's funny how Ive become so used to the tachycardia that it doesnt scare me anymore, but the bradycardia is terrifying!!!!

I recorded an SVT with my event monitor while I was relaxing and pinning up my hair. My heartrate was around 330 and it lasted about 15 minutes. The very next day while in the doctor office discussing my tachycardia I stated that I felt "weird" just suddenly felt exhausted, was staring off, not blinking and not very responsive. The nurse ran and got a monitor on me and my HR was at 30bpm. She had me lay down and we could not get it up. She noticed that it appeared I was holding my breath (must have been involuntary) and after that they gave me oxygen. The oxygen finally got my HR up to 60. I felt a little better and we continued the appt with the monitor on and out of no where my heart climbed from 60 to 100 within 30 seconds. Stayed around there the rest of the day. That is when the cardiologist said I was beyond his treatment and needed to be referred elsewhere.

Because of the severe Bradys I am afraid to take the Beta blockers he suggested prescribing because of the lowering affect. I know I have read that they even out HR's but since my HR gets so low sometimes I don't want to chance it on a dr. who admits I am out of his medical league. Anyone else have experience with Beta Blockers while having low bradys?

Hi Anna,

If it helps I have increasing problems with discomfort from low HR.

I no longer get very tachy apart from exertion - so things like stairs i take slowly ( it can trigger an svt). Walking or being upright for a long period causes a slow hr in the lows 50,s. Sometimes it drops briefly to 35ish.

Today I had a great day and walked further than i have been able in 18mnths and my heart rate never really went over 100 but afterwards I started to feel not so good and my HR kept dropping down into the low 50's.It was very uncomfortable. Sometimes during the day I feel a bit ill and assume my HR has risen but infact it as actually dropped.

BB are out for this reason too.

I've had chest pain all day with a slow hr. At the moment sitting it is 53 but it will increase if i move around. Standing it's at72 which is so odd after months of tachy.

I will also bring this up with Cardio at app in 2 weeks.