Burning Sensation In Feet And Legs

Darlene

I believe it is a neuro symptom...involves the nervous system and muscles. I see you have fibromyalgia. I believe that this could cause this, too. I have had this happen to me, as of late, too, and just figured it was related to the dysautonomia...I've had it in other parts of my body, as well. Do you have flushing, too? My temperature sensor has always been erratic, too, but that could also be the tachycardia, too! It's like running a race sitting down...lol

Like Kalamazoo I also have erythromelalgia along with POTS. Or at least I think I do. I was diagnosed with it. Then that diagnosis was dismissed. And then last December I was rediagnosed with erythromelalgia.

I'm takig neurontin for it now but have had a hard time staying on it. I saw my doc the other day and he told me to persist as higher doses (when I get to them) will probably help me.

Do you take anything for erythromelalgia, Kalamazoo?

blue

Standing and a warm enviroment will make the burning very bad. Neuropathy is the cause. This started when I was 21.

I'm glad you said this. I had a horrible time with my feet and legs this past summer - worse than I ever remember. I thought the heat might have triggered it, but wasn't sure. Also, my symptoms are so much worse at night laying down - can't figure out why? Maybe from standing on and off all day? My neuropathy started in my early 20's too. I wonder why would we get such a terrible condition (more common in older people) at such a young age.

Like Kalamazoo I also have erythromelalgia along with POTS. Or at least I think I do. I was diagnosed with it. Then that diagnosis was dismissed. And then last December I was rediagnosed with erythromelalgia.

I'm takig neurontin for it now but have had a hard time staying on it. I saw my doc the other day and he told me to persist as higher doses (when I get to them) will probably help me.

Do you take anything for erythromelalgia, Kalamazoo?

blue

No I don't take anything, I just try and limit the temperature in my environment and stay off my feet. It happens in my hands too and in my knees.