What's High Bp For You?

WyomingGal

I was wondering if anyone could share what is high blood pressure for them. I have been on thyroid medication for almost four months and my TSH has gotten better. I noticed today that I was extremely dizzy. I took my blood pressure at home and it was 123/87 with a heart rate of 75, and that seems so high! I had my compression stockings on as I usually do so maybe that was it, but just took them off to see if I can get some relief. Also, my first midodrine does was wearing off, so why was it still so high?

Does anyone notice they get high or higher blood pressure and it actually makes things worse?

(Maybe I am getting better-positive thoughts!)

During a pots attack my bp gets up to 130/100 pretty consistently, but it has been higher before, the highest it has been is 157/107 but that was after taking too much salt on fludrocortisone. I usually run 109/75 ish. You can look through your medical records and see what is used to run before you got sick--120/80 isn't normal for everyone.

Mine has been about 200/170... but it has also been really low. When It was that high I went into the ER. I thought I was going to "kick the bucket" :) I do have a good cardiologist and she told me that your body can handle ups... but if it stays high it is dangerous. Healthy people have blood pressure swings also. Yours does not seem too high to me- I am happy when I have number like yours.

My resting heart rate has been in the high 30's and also over 180. Very scary but again it doesn't stay that high or low. I have symptoms with blood pressure swings and sometimes when my blood pressure is good I feel horrible!

It is really important if your bp is high that it lowers when you are sleeping. This is one of the reasons many of us have had a 24hr blood pressure cuff. Please don't worry about those numbers so much. The way we feel is sometimes so scary..... JOYS of POTS!

My highest BP on record is 210/100 in the ED, with crushing headache, major flushing and chest pain. ED didn't know what to do with me, within a few hours, I was back down to normal, then discharged. This was several months prior to diagnosis of autonomic neuropathy and orthostatic hypotension. Since then 175/110 is the highest I've recorded at home.

I think that's actually a good Bp. I know it may be high for you but it isn't worrisome at that level. The highest mine has been is 165/110 so they put me on labetolol and it brought it down. Regularly when standing my Bp is about 128/87. Compression hoes will definitely make your Bp higher as well

• 7 months later...

my highests have been 176/110 and 143/123.....lowest recorded 101/64....which is why I don't want to take clonodine, I don't want it to drop lower or have to take another med to compensate. my neuro did say he was concerned about consistant high bp and thinks I should go on meds but as long as I am sitting down or laying it is normal, 120's or 130's over 80's. I was reading on another topic that other's docs were saying high bp's are okay as long as they don't stay high for awhile, mine fluctuate when I stand up it goes up with my heart rate and then when I sit or lay it just flux's with my hr level until they both stable out. Any thoughts on why my doc wants me on bp meds while other's say it is fine?

BTW, I find a vodka/gatorade coctail will bring it down to pretty normal range if it ever gets high when sitting:) Plus helps with the adrenal surges, overall calming effect and gets my mind off feeling like crap.

Mine has been as high as 185/132 with heartrate in the 100's just a couple of weeks ago and as low as 80's over 50's with heartrate in the 50's.

My highest was 117/70 and that was on Midodrine, Florinef, high salt and wearing compression hose. Typically, it is about 108/65, but there were a few months there where it was consistently only 95/60. Oh, all of these numbers are from when I was standing up, too. Laying down it is much lower.