Sense Of Taste And Lack Of Thirst

HopeSprings

Just doing a symptom check. Does anyone else have episodes where they can't taste their food? It's not quite the same as having a stuffy nose and not being able to taste - it's like there's some neurologic component to this (maybe sensory). It seems to happen more on days when I'm dizzier. It's very frustrating because I love food! And my other question is does anyone experience a lack of thirst? It seems a lot of you here are very thirsty. For me, it's the opposite. I find it a struggle to drink.

I can normally taste everything but I am never thirsty. It's been a struggle for me too because I forget to drink and drinking a lot upsets my stomach too.

How long does your ability to taste go away? I could not taste for 2 and a half months... then it came back. Also during that time I had whole body numbness (could be the cause of the inability to taste). I do not yet know if this is from POTS or something else. I have a doc appointment in a couple of weeks.

Iceskate - my loss of taste happens in episodes and it does accompany a sort of body numbness - not sure what you mean by numbness, but mine feels like a floaty detachment from my body like I can't fully feel (hard to describe). So I'll get it for like 1/2 a day - can't taste, then it'll go away for days, a week or weeks and then come back. Two and 1/2 months straight would be very difficult - glad you didn't stay that way!

I've not had a problem with not tasting my food. I had the problem with everything, even my favorite foods, tasting

absolutely vile. Foods tasted so horrible it would make me ill to eat them. Not tasting would have been a blessing.

That started about 2 years ago. I'm still not able to eat a lot of foods I always loved. No one has been able to tell me

why this happened. I do know some medications will cause you not to taste food. I never get thirsty.