Could This Be Autoimmune Pots?

icesktr189

Everytime I get sick (like now) my POTS symptoms almost go completely away, even the OH ones. Of course I dont feel good from the sickness, but I didnt have any dizziness today or feeling like I am going to pass out. This always happens and no doctor can tell me why. I wish I was sick everyday (not really, but maybe they could knock my immune system down?)

That's interesting, it could be the illness triggers a compensatory mechanism in your body, maybe something to do with aldoesterone-renin from the kidney which alleviates your symptoms. I'm not sure about the immune system involvement but there could be something there too. Usually when I get sick I get worse so I don't have any explanation.

Funny you should say this - I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today. I have a light cold and for the past two days feel less dizzy. About a week and a 1/2 ago I was in a terrible state - dizziness through the roof. This always happens before I'm about to get sick, but I don't recoginze it at the time because I'm not having any cold symptoms. Now I have the cold and feel better. I was thinking about autoimmune too, but not sure what the mechanism would be. Are you thinking because our immune systems are down, it's slowing the production of whatever antibody would be involved in POTS? Also, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the inner ear because of a possible shift in fluid due the cold. Not sure if that makes sense.

naomi I am exactly like you... I felt absolutely terrible before the cold hit and so much better when it does. with my postive anas, I really think it is...

I also finally have drainage too which is so much better than the clogged up ear feeling. so if you ever find out whats wrong with you, please let me know because its probably what I have to haha

jangle... that could definently help my symptoms