Looking Up Or Down Is Causing Severe Dizziness Even Whilest Sitting Down

carinara

Hello everybody,

hope you are doing well.

I just wonder if anybody can relate to this.

Often when i look down or look up like for example, if i put a newspaper on the table in front of me and lookn down in order to read it like this, i get very dizzy. The same thing happens when i look up like for example if a tall person stands in front of me and i look up in order to talk to this person,

Iam usually fine for a few seconds but then it feels as if the blood flow to my brain gets interrupted and i become "light headed" , dizzy, very sensitive to light and i cant focus right anymore.

Can anybody relate? Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks a lot

Carina

this exact same thing has been happening to me for a month. It is weird because like you said it is related to my eye movement. If I look up or down at someone even while sitting I get very dizzy suddenly. I also have been having odd pain in my facial muscles and pain in my temples with pressure in my ears. Have you had any pain also?

No, i dont really have any pain in my face with it exept that my neck starts to hurt after a while. I think this must be the so called "coat-hanger-pain"

where the brain is trying to get more blood whilest using the neck muscles.

I have no ear problems at all.

Iam not even 100% sure if it is the eye movement which causes the problems or if it is the position of my neck whilest looking up or looking down. Sometimes it seems as if it is the eyes and then it seems as if it is the neck. Sometimes the symptoms are better and sometimes worse.

julieph85-

"this exact same thing has been happening to me for a month. It is weird because like you said it is related to my eye movement. If I look up or down at someone even while sitting I get very dizzy suddenly. I also have been having odd pain in my facial muscles and pain in my temples with pressure in my ears. Have you had any pain also"

That definitely sounds like sinus and inner ear pressure.... it can make you VERY dizzy. Have you tried flonase or a steroid spray?

This symptom has been with me for many years now. Sometimes its worse and sometimes its better. I dont have any sinus problems. Iam still not sure if it is the neck position or the eye position which causes the symptoms. Maybe its a combination of both. Today it was very bad, (probably the worst in 1 year) and another thing i have noticed was that in during the dizzy spell i had to pee frequently as well.

dani- no i haven't. my dr gave me an antibiotic but i stopped taking it because it hurt my stomache real bad. Are the steroid sprays stimulants? I can't handle any type of stimulant because of the tachy i get.

No they are not because its really confined to your nose and maybe a little will actually reach your system. They are nothing like actual oral steroids. What I do is bend my head over my legs and spray and I also dont sniff in, so I hardly get any that goes down my throat. I started off with one spray and saw how I did then just started doing two sprays a day. It really helps with sweling. My doctor told me its really important to get allergies under control because histamine dialates blood vessels throughout your entire body and makes your POTS tens times worse.