Wow, These Would Be Great For Us Pots Travelers!

sue1234

I have always said I could not fly because, first, I can't sit up straight--I need a somewhat reclined position and there is just not that kind of seat. Second, if my adrenaline got to going(most def would with flying!) I always need to recline or even lie down to help my head with its lightheaded feeling.

Well, here it is! Lying down while flying. Scroll down a little, and on the left there is also a picture of a United flight with reclining seats.

Unfortunately, I'm not a millionaire, so would never be able to afford it. But, it is there if I ever win the lottery and need to fly somewhere!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/21/business/taking-first-class-coddling-above-and-beyond.html?_r=1&smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=BU-E-FB-SM-LIN-TFC-112111-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

Wow .. How nice would that be ? We could use these beds at the mall, grocery store, etc .. Lol

I have trouble flying too but manage by leaning back as far as possible with my feet up. I sit in the first row behind first class so I can do this. I get funny looks but who cares ? And I use wheelchair assistance all the way too. It's still a nightmare

but worth it sometimes ...

i'm just back from a trip to rome (i'm near amsterdam/the netherlands) after years of not being able to take a plane but found that take off and landing were really tough. severe chest pain, lots of tingling in my head and yawning like mad (which i always do when pots is bad). i didn't think being seated was the problem, more some kind of circulation, cardio related. i hope my cardio knows what was going on as i won't take another plane before i'm certain i'll be safe.

rama i'd like to hear what you know about the cardiovascular system and endothelium on flying! just in case my cardio doesn't, you know ;)

oh and i recently found out that i have narrow pulse pressure, i think that might cause some problems too, just not sure yet so i'll be seeing my cardio anyway

I also think NO levels and what I call selective Vascular hypotension (i.e. pulmonary hypertension).

In other word, everyone probably has heard of cabin pressure in a plane. Well that cabin pressure changes at different levels of the flight and this is just a theory on my part, but in turn that pressure change affect our blood pressure. It might not change our whole bodies blood pressure though. For example I read that people with Pulmonary Hypertension should not fly at all because of this.

From what I've seen from reading a everyone's post is that we might not all have BP issues (I don't) and measured by our arms, but I believe that we all have certain BP issues that are selective to different areas of the body and are causing different symptoms. If someone has BP hypotension (there is no such thing by the way just neurally mediated hypotension, but it's my theory ;)) in their brain for example then they get more brain type of symptoms, like dizziness or fog.

It's all just a theory I'm working on... And it relates to what Rama has been saying about NO, except I believe these issues to be very selective and not just systemically running through the whole body..