Uti Help!

icesktr189

UTI's are a pain! I collect them. Almost at least. If I have a sexual partner it's very common that I get it. Important as the others have said that get in and get the urine sampled so they can decide on the right kind of antibiotic to use to maximize the effect and vs the multi-resistant bacteria. Was sick like a dog last year, urin turned orange and all muddles (not sure if this is the correct word). Hope you get better soon!

I have a history of uti's and kidney stones and I'd try azo with probiotics first. The one with the probiotics

Is the only one that works for me. Two twice daily for 3 days should do it.

Walmart, target and most drug stores have it.

Drink plenty of water. No sodas, coffee, tea, etc .And I'd eat plenty of yogurt. So delicious coconut yogurt is gluten and dairy free.

You can also try drinking undiluted cranberry juice by lakewood and someone else ?

But be sure to dilute it as directed. And drink at least a quart. The cheap cranberry juice doesn.t work for me. The problem with cran juice is that it's acidic and can upset your stomach.

I used cran juice once to pass a kidney stone tho. I still had a raging uti when I saw the doc later that day but I.d passed the stone. And because my symptoms were gone I skipped the antibiotics he prescribed.

Tc .. D

I didnt actually go in, just called the doctors office and told them my symptoms (I used to have UTI's constantly when I was younger, so I know what they feel like). They just sent over bactrim and a diflucan over to my pharmacy. I have them right now and plan to take them tonight. I just dont know how I will do with bactrim. I had a pretty bad reaction to cipro and extremely allergic to ceclor. I have a birthday party im going to tomorrow and dont want to have an allergic reaction and miss it.

UGH i hate UTIS! Thankfully I have only had one kidney infection, but that was 10 times worse than any UTI i have ever had. I was in the hospital on morphine and iv antibiotics for 3 days. I dont want to go down that route again, but I dont even have a fever right now and just burning when I urinate, so I wanted to see if it was past the point of not being able to take just cranberry juice.

I will def. buy those azo's and start taking them everyday so i dont get it again!

When I went to the doc with a UTI, I was told that more than a cup or two of cranberry juice can actually be detrimental because the bacteria will propagate more rapidly in an acidic environment. And they said that the sugar wasn't good when fighting an infection.

I've been able to kick some mild UTI's by just downing tons of water during the first day or two.

Best wishes!

Used to have chronic cystitis and tried every kind of medicine there was. What finally got me over it was fresh parsley boiled in water until the water turns green and drinking it as much as I could for about a week. Not only does it help to neutralize and get you over the infection but it deadens the pain of peeing. It totally numbs you to it. Hope you feel better.

Issie