Quick ? About Tramadol Users

hilbiligrl

Hey yall, my number 1 most horrible symptom is the pure weakness and exhaustion like none other.... cannot be explained as the exhaustion comes from nowhere of course.... however, I have noticed that if I take 100-200 mg of tramadol in the morning, that i feel energy all day and i dont feel as bad.... in other words, it helps make me functionable.

Im wandering if others have the same experience with tramadol (ultram). I know its sort of an opiate derivative, however its not a controlled substance, but potential for addiction and abuse (but very low potential). If you notice you feel energy and can handle a day after taking it, will you please share? Or any other thoughts. I've been experimenting on and off with it and am thinking about telling him my theory of is and see what he says, hopefully without him thinking im seeking pain med.... cuz basically, pain is not much of a problem for me with this disease.... just ocassionally.

thanks for your input.... its deeply appreciated!!

lov you all!

tennille

I take 50mg occasionally, and it makes me feel better too. The effect seems to vary from time to time, though, it makes me pretty nauseous and spaced out sometimes. I don't think it would help much if I was having a good day with some energy, because I seem to have less side effects the worse I am when I take it. If I'm feeling ok (on a pots scale, not a healthy person's scale;) ) the side effects are stronger and outweighs the benefit. I usually take it at night, and then it makes me wake up somewhat rested as compared to my usual 'I feel like I just ran a marathon in stead of sleeping'. I only take it during the day if I'm on the verge of what I can tolerate as far as exhaustion/pain goes, but yeah, it does seem to give me more energy when I do. I think I'm better off taking it on an as needed basis, as opposed to every day since I can't always predict how I'm going to react. But it would be interesting to see if there would be any difference if I did take it regularly. I guess we all react very differently to drugs, but I would love to hear other people's experiences too.

It does have an effect on norepinephrine re-uptake or something, doesn't it? If anyone is able to explain how this works(especially in relation to pots) I would be very interested...

It has helped me with energy when I take it, but most opiates give me a boost when I take them. Which is the issue. Last year I had multiple surgeries and complications, I noticed I was taking them not just when I was in pain, but also to feel better. I quickly weaned myself off. I wish there was something like them I could take, but I know that even tramadol I would overtake now.

For me, Tramadol with a Bentyl is the best med for my POTS so far. I try not to take it all the time because you will build up a tolerance and it will take more for it to work. I sometimes only take 1/2 of a Tramadol. (200 mg. is allot if you're not in pain. That is about what they give to cancer patients.) 1/2 of a 50mg. is about all it takes for me to get some relief. I also have Ehlers Danlos and a whole LOT of pain. It doesn't totally take it all away, but it helps me to be able to function and continue on with life. I'm not going around all the time going "ohhhh, awwwwww, this hurts". I also can be more active because I'm not hurting so bad. You might type in Tramadol and everything written on it should pull up on the site here.

• 8 years later...

I have chronic progressive dysautonomia, EDS and MCAS which I have learned are great friends.  Anecdotally I found that a 50 mg tramadol will get me through an entire work day. Not bc it helps with pain, although it does mask my flu like aches, but bc it somehow helps my mood, energy level and ability to stay upright and even stay warm. It’s crazy and I was just searching to find if anyone else feels that way. I am only working every other day and only take it if I work. Then I rest a day. I would only pull 3 hours off at my job without it