Swollen Lymph Nodes

akavella

im just curious... i have had recurrent rock hard swollen lymph nodes in my right armpit for over a year now, they come and go, they aren't painful. just last week i noticed that i have about a golf size lump in my right breast that is difficult to find unless i lean over to the left side of my body.... i am seeing my doctor on monday...just wondering if anyone else is have this issue with lymph nodes????

I have pretty much constant swollen lymph nodes, but in my neck. Mine are the soft jelly-like nodes. I know that with swollen lymph nodes the doctors say if they are hard or grow that's when you need to have them checked out. I'm glad your headed to your doctor and I hope things go well and this is a "non issue" for you:) I'm curious to see what others have to say...

When was your last mamogram? Glad your seeing the doctor, you should rule out breast cancer first. My friend is dealing with this right now. She is a nurse and just thought she had fibrocystic breasts and it turned out to be cancer. She had, had a normal mammo the year before and waited to have it checked. Don't want to scare you, but it would be practical to rule it out and then see if you have some kind of infection causing the lymph nodes. This is one of those things that waiting and hoping it goes away, is not a good plan. My friend has been so graceful for the surgery and treatment, and there is so many treatment options now. More women survive this now then don't.

I'm praying for you and hope that it turns out to be nothing worrisome!

I have a swollen, hard lymph node on the left side of my neck. It's always there, it doesn't come and go. My doctor thinks it's no problem, and that it's probably my allergies that are causing it. I think it's odd that I don't have the problem on the right side of my neck, too.

im 26 i have not had a mammogram. nor have i been ill recently. so the lymph node thing is mind boggling to me. i also am a nurse, and i tend to think i am the worst patient, i have seen all the worse scenarios and choose to block those out of my mind and i think those will never happen to me, and when it does cross my mind i tell my self i am being a hypochondriac. cancer is the worse scenario but it hasn't crossed my mind honestly, the thing that keeps flashing is lymphoma. done know why. hoping to hear this is an everyday occurrence for a POTSy. sorry to hear about your friend. i hope she is doing well!!

Edited by corina
removed quoting. please use the Add Reply button (bottom of the page, right side)

I also have swollen lymph nodes all over my body. I did have surgery a few yrs ago to remove a lump from my left axilla but luckily it was just a lipoma. the surgeon said some people have a lot of swollen nodes that are fine, but I've suspected that somehow it's connected to pots - I just can't find anyone who knows enough about it to corroborate my theory! Anyone out there know why this could be?

I hope you can find some answers and it turns out to be nothing! Please keep us posted...

Your right at 26, you wouldn't have had one yet. I think you might be right about nurses not making good patients, you all help every one else, and have a hard time letting people help you. One thing I've learned through my own walk is to trust your gut/instincts, don't write them off as "I'm just being a hypochondriac". Our bodies do have a way of pointing us in the right direction. It is wise to check out something as obvious as enlarged lymph nodes and lumps, they aren't suppose to be there. So, you have it checked out and it turns out to be nothing, no harm in making sure. If the lumps come and go it might very well be fibrocystic breasts which usually do hurt, and is nothing serious. Though they are harder to see cancers thru. The fact that yours don't hurt could mean something.

Also be careful at your young age that you don't get brushed off by the doctors, especially if you look healthy. Many assume if your young and healthy looking how could anything be wrong with you, they love to blame these things on anxiety and depression. Young people can get sick too, better to be proactive and get on top of things early. My symptoms started being obvious around your age, though I think I've had symptoms all my life. Had I gotten treatment sooner I might be in a better place right now. You are aware that many different types of illnesses can cause pots type symptoms and those illness should be ruled out, before just relying on meds and lifestyle changes to control symptoms.

Thank you for thinking of my friend. She is only 40, went back to work full time after finishing radiation. She now has disseminated valley fever and I am very worried for her that she is taking on way to much, you know stubborn nurse mind set. So let us know what you find out and try to be a good patient if there is something wrong.:)

Edited by corina
edited the quoting. please use the Add Reply button at the bottom of the page, right side

well i seen my ep doc yesterday, and he ordered a ct of my chest and neck with contrast. also ordered cbc and chem20. so now i am just waiting on insurance to authorize the ct scan. i will keep you updated as i found out more. thanks for your support. and so sorry to hear about your friend, poor thing!! us nurses are stubborn :) but we can take on anything...or so we like to think :)