For All You Allergy Experts

lieze

What should I do?

This is the list of foods I am reacting to that I did not show allergy to with the skin test:

Apples

Peaches

Cherries

Potatoes white and sweet

Lentils

Carrots

Broccoli

Onion

Garlic

Leeks

I can't have peas and corn because they are on my list of known allergies.

So I feel like I am running out of foods to eat.

I react to chicken and turkey also.

I do okay with a food for a while and then I react.

I get a flush feeling and warmth and a bit of mental haze.

Sometimes my GI tract gets involved and I feel like I'll have the runs or get sick although I usually don't.

The onset is rather quick.

Sometimes I get the sensation my throat is closing or lips are swelling when I look in the mirror though they are not.

I wonder if I am just getting a histamine reaction and not experiencing a true allergy.

Hi Lieze....some of the foods I notice that I react to are either high in histamines or high in salicytates so I avoid them both. A lot of those besides the potato & onion seem to be on both those lists. www.salicytatesensitivity.com has helped me a lot.

There is a disorder out there that allergic reaction come out of no where. One day you will be fine with a food and the next day it can throw you into anaphylactic reaction. I forgot what it is called, but I saw an episode of Real Life on MTV about a girl that had the disorder.

I have the same problem. The foods I did not show allergic to during my allergy testing are the foods that cause me most problems. Sometimes it is natural salicylates in the food. Be sure food is organic. Most of my reactions are neurological or trigger IBS or migraines. ex: I'm not allergic to beef or chicken but if I eat either I perspire profusely & feel very hot & flushed altho it is organic.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. The foods I did not show allergic to during my allergy testing are the foods that cause me most problems. Sometimes it is natural salicylates in the food. Be sure food is organic. Most of my reactions are neurological or trigger IBS or migraines. ex: I'm not allergic to beef or chicken but if I eat either I perspire profusely & feel very hot & flushed altho it is organic.

have they tested you for a metabolic disorder?

Has any one ever mentioned:

Symptoms of Eosinophilic Esophagitis include:

Reflux that doesn’t respond to acid reducing medication (i.e. Proton Pump

Inhibitors, such as Prevacid, Prilosec and Protonix)

Nausea

Vomiting

Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)

Food impactions (food gets stuck in the throat)

Abdominal or chest pain

Failure to thrive (poor growth or weight loss)

Malnutrition

Poor appetite

Early satiety (feeling full sooner than you should)

Difficulty sleeping

In addition to the above, many people also experience pain in their lower limbs (legs, ankles & feet) which is not uncommon with GI disorders in general, and fevers (likely caused by internal inflammation). Some have also experienced ear infections, asthma, croup, migraines, and more frequent “colds” when they are reacting to a food.

Behavioral changes have also been reported in some children (*).

Associated conditions can include eczema, rhinitis, regular food allergies (causing the more common immediate reactions), asthma / reactive airway problems, failure to thrive and developmental delays

This condition may be something to look into!!

Yeah i did research this and it sounded just like me.

The issue with inflammation and an overload of eosinophils can happen anywhere along the GI system and affect proper absorption if nutrients. The body sees food as an invader rather than sustenance.

My eosinophils were even elevated and my doctor said ah that's nothing.

Crazy to think allergies can do so much damage.

The formula thing my issue with that is most has corn and it is pretty low calorie low nutrient dense due to being formulated for infants.

I have been searching for a corn free meal replacement like ensure if anyone stumbles across one.

I recall reading something about some other folk just like you on a EOS support group I will try and find the link if that might be of any help. It is so wrong that the Dr.'s shrug off stuff just because it is not in their field of knowledge, surly it would have been wise for your Dr. to have checked out the high eosinophilic count!!!