Opthamology Dilation Drops

gertie

Do any of you have weird feelings when having your eyes dilated? I felt nauseous the last time I had mine done but wondered if I was just nervous. The drops didn't have epinephrine in them. The nurse let me read the box but the ingredients list meant nothing to me. thanks.

Alicia,

Funny you should post this today. I have a terrible time when they dilate my eyes. I have my yearly check-up Friday and was thinking about canceling because I dread it so much. The ingredients probably wouldn't mean much to me either!

Kate

I had an bad reaction to dilating drops, I had anxiety and my heart was racing, also my eyes stayed dilated for 2 days. The doctor said that its a typical reaction for a child but not for adults and said it was a type of allergy and not to get the drops again.

I was leary of having the drops at my checkup a couple of years ago. I was afraid they would make my heart race. But, they didn't. But, the really odd thing is, when I walked outside afterwards, it was the first time I did NOT have to wear sunglasses. I think it is because POTS has made my pupils dilate anyway, so it was just my normal vision. I was already sun-sensitive with my POTS, but the drops did not make it any worse. Weird.

Thanks everyone, I too get a brain buster of a headache.

Kate, I had my appt last Friday & would have cancelled but it was an emergency so I had to go. I have to go back in a few days to have one eye dilated & checked again & I'm already stressing over it. I will take half an Ativan before I go this time to see if that helps. That might be something for you to think about. I'm so tired of being allergic to everything.