How Do You Schedule Your Meds?

I have always had trouble with midodrine by the simple fact that my cardiologist put it in my head that I cannot lay down on it. Go figure that I am the worlds biggest napper.

If you take midodrine do you take naps? I usually wake with my daughter at 7 am then she and I take a nap around 9 am until around 11 am. Then another nap around 3pm until around 5pm. I have tried to stop naps but I cant. I have horrible insomnia regardless of me staying up all day and this is the only time I cant get a decent rest! UGH I can never seem to work in the midodrine.

I was terrified of the same thing! I wouldn't take the midodrine if I wasn't feeling well or wanted to lay down even though the doc wanted me to take it at specific times (waking up, 10am, 1 pm, 4 pm, and 7pm). I started paying attention and realized that it doesn't cause my bp to go high if I lay down. After about a week of taking it at the prescribed times, I wasn't wanting to lay down all the time anyways! I just take it and do whatever I do. If I take a nap, then I take a nap. I actually have an alarm set on my cell phone to go off at the scheduled times so I never forget to take it no matter where I am or what I am doing :-)

Hi Dani,

I am like Lizababy. I just take my midodrine even if I am laying down, taking a nap or what ever. I take it on a 7am-12pm & 5pm schedule and adjust the times depending on what I am doing. I even take a 4th dose if I am going to be up or out later in the evening. I think you have to find what ever works best for you. It is such an individual drug. LOL

I take midodrine even while lying down, and it has never raised my bp too high. My blood pressure has never gone over 120/80 while lying down even if I had taken midodrine an hour before.

It might be worth testing one day to see if you can lie down while midodrine is in your system. Naps are important, but good blood pressure is important too!

Rachel