Hello,new To The Forum

Thought I would introduce myself and do a little venting at the same time. My names Tasha I am a 23yr old mother of two beautiful kids ages 2 and 6. I was offically diganosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome2 months ago but I have been dealing with it since teenage years. Not quite sure where I actually originated from though? I had symptoms since age 16 but it didn't affect my life that bad. I found out that I was born with cervical stenosis. Then after I had my son(which was two yrs ago) it seems to be gettin worse. I have also been diagnosed with sleep apnea,fibromyalgia,tmj,ibs,depression,anxiety and interstital cystitis and I don't know if I have some of these issues are due to pots. Sometimes I feel as though my life is spiralling out of control. I feel like I have lost apart of my life. I can no longer go outside for long periods at a time,play outside with my kids,take them to the park. The people closest to me do not understand what I am going through. I finally found a doctor an electrocardiologist who understands my condition I wish I could say the same about all the others I see. I'm glad that I found this forum so I can talk to people who can actually relate to me...thanks for listening!

hi tee601,

welcome to the forum! you'll find lots of understanding here as well as loads of information. when you check out the main website you can find information that you might like to share with the people important to help them understand. also there's a "what helps" and "what to avoid" section to try manage your health! knowing that people understand always helps dealing with your personal situation.

take care,

corina :)

Hi! I am almost 22 and came down with POTS when I was 18. I had some symptoms all my life, but I "crashed" at 18. I have one child and its so hard dealing with POTS and dysautonomia when you have that responsibility. All those are related to dysautonomia. I have IBS, ME/CFS and possible autoimmune disorder. Also have scoliosis, but my father has stenosis, so bad backs run in my family.

Anxiety/depression are very common in any chronic illness, but you will find a lot of people here have what are called adrenaline surges. They feel like anxiety attacks without the panic. Its your body's natural response to raise your bp.

If you ever need to talk pm me!:]

Hi welcome. I'm a little older, 27, with two kids, 5 and 1, but i understand about not being able to do all the things like park, etc. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope things get better for you and vent away!!! That is what we're here for. Information and support!