Searching A Member's Posts-

Is there any way to access a specific member's posts- ALL of them or all in the past year (for instance)? I ask, because I get folks mixed up and sometimes want to refer back to a symptom that they had previously described. When I try to do this, the search just lets me see their last 2 or 3 posts. Sometimes a member's first post has most of their information. How can I go back further?

Thanks for your help!

Edit- Sorry, I thought I was posting this under the "Needing Help with the Forum" section. Please feel free to move it!

Julie

Hi Julie,

If you go into a member's profile you can click on "Find My Content" below their profile picture. This is a little different from the topic and post tab found to the right of the profile picture.

Clicking on "Find My Content" will bring up a page of all of the member's posts and topics from the past year. Using a drop down menu on the right you can narrow that down to either topics started by the member or individual posts.

Hope this helps.

Rachel

Sue,

For some reason, with the new forum the searches only allow a certain number of topics to come up. You can narrow it down to a small time period way back and usually get stuff, but not always. It's a little buggy. :( We recently had a forum upgrade, and I am hoping that this worked out some of the bugs, but I haven't gone back to the search form to check.

The search box works better if a rarely used word is searched. Then it will go way back. However, if you search for a very common term, like "POTS" or "Dysautonomia" then only posts from the past 3 or 6 months come up. It is frustrating, but it isn't something we can change. It is a quirk of the forum.

Rachel

Darlene,

You can find the Chit-Chat forum from the main DINET forum page: http://forums.dinet.org/. We use this forum for topics that do not directly relate to dysautonomia. (Julie's topic is being left here in the Dysautonomia Discussion forum because it relates directly to using the forum and finding dysautonomia related posts).

Your recent topic can be found here: http://forums.dinet.org/index.php?/topic/17351-toric-contact-lenses-for-astigmatism/

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Rachel