Toric Contact Lenses For Astigmatism

Darlene

I just got these same contacts.

They are thicker than the normal lens since they are for astigmatism but I see better with this lens then I ever have wearing normal contacts.

Mine didn't bother me when they were fresh and new but mine are past their expiration of one month and I can hardly stand to have them in.

They also at this pint make my vision feel distorted just because they are old.

So my vote is new and fresh fine as they get old not so much.

My directions on these were they could be slept in and I think just clean once per week.

For the most part I prefer taking mine out at night and letting my eyes go without that lens on them.

It is nice though if you happen to go somewhere overnight you don't have to worry if it's unexpected and you don't have your supplies.

I purchased a pair of glasses at the time I has my eyes examined and since I rarely go anywhere I've just been wearing those.

It sounds like we received different instructions with our lenses.

I've heard some people have more difficulty than others getting used to wearing lenses and also with the application and removal process.

They are thicker than a normal lens and I was having difficulty with one lens.

It seemed to be not floating well on my eye.

They adjusted the curve on it and it worked a lot better.

If she continues to have difficulty you might take her back and have them recheck to see if the lens is sitting correctly on her eye.

They have you blink and watch the action of the lens with their little periscope.

After she adjusted the one lens it made it much more comfortable.

Recommended wear and replacement schedule

In the interest of maintaining the health and safety of your eyes, the wearing schedule should be determined by your eye care professional. Air Optix for Astigmatism have been developed to be worn on an extended wear basis for up to 6 nights (including while sleeping). Unless your eye care

professional has prescribed an extended wear schedule, do not wear Air Optix for Astigmatism while sleeping. After one night without lens wear, start the next wearing period. Since individual responses to contact lenses vary, your eye care professional may recommend that you wear your lenses for shorter continuous wear periods. Not everyone

can reach the maximum wear time of 6 continuous nights. The lenses must be discarded and replaced with a new pair each month.

I was given the extended wearing 6 day protocol allowing me to wear them over night and cleaning once per week.

I've been wearing lenses though for 20 years without a problem so that and just the preference of the eye care provider may make a huge difference.

My personal preference is I like my eyes bare at night so I usually take mine out.

what do you mean they adjusted the curve on it? my daughter and i don't know anything about contacts. she will not wear it now. she says it feels like a leech is on her eye. (pressure) gives her a bad headache. we go back next thursday. should we try something else? or they can fix this? have you worn other brand names you have liked in the past

The contacts come in I guess what would be different curves or slight angle to fit smoothly over your eye.

This is something they maybe able to see is not fitting quite right. As you blink the contact moves but it should float right back into position and that's where I think I was having difficulty.

It shouldn't feel like a leech.

She really shouldn't notice that she has them in.

I wore focus monthlies and I don't think they still make them.

These new lenses are supposed to be better than ever.

More permeable so your eyes stay moist and don't dry out.

I just ordered more lenses and they should be here any day. I'll start wearing them when

they get here and see what I notice and let you know if anything

Like I said I've been a contact lens wearer for many years.

I noticed with POTS I have not enjoyed wearing them as much. Visual disturbance etc.

The contacts for astigmatism are thicker so that may make for a bit tougher adjustment.

I guess it's a personal preference whether a person puts up with wearing contacts or not

and some people just may not like the feel of that lens on the eye.

It really could be a fit issue too though so I would ask them to check that out.

She may need to also use a rewetting drop in her eye to keep them moist.

You can buy this in the contact lens solution section at any store.

A lubricant will keep the lens moist and more comfortable.

That leech feeling could be a dryness between the lens and her eye.

When it gets that way you will feel a scratchy pulling sensation and it is uncomfortable.

I usually give my lenses a squirt with saline before I put them in my eyes to begin with for the day, then lubricate as needed as the day goes on.