Anyone On Quinolone Antibiotics Before Pots?

Just throwing this one out there - probably a long shot. In thinking about the weeks preceding my first autonomic crisis, I remembered I had been given Levaquin to take before a medical test (to prevent infection). I read at the time that Quinlones can cause CRAZY symptoms (including many of ours)- they call it being "Floxed." I didn't link the two together because I had taken it several weeks before the autonmic crisis, but apparently there can be a delayed bad reaction with this class of drugs. Wondering if the Levaquin could have possibly caused my dysautonomia. Anyone remember taking a quinolone within the month before your symptoms began?

I took them a couple of times about 5 years before I began POTS. I felt awful taking them. I even called the doctor and asked if I could change antibiotics, as they gave me a drugged-weak feeling. The doctor just said that they shouldn't make you feel odd. I said they do, and I'm not taking them anymore, so he gave me a different kind. I have since avoided them like the plague!

They are the antibiotics that I believe set off my initial stomach bloating, as I took them for a UTI, and 6-8 weeks later was the beginning of my bloating. It has lasted now 11 years.

I was not on an antibiotic before POTS but think there may be a relationship between an antidepressant that I was on and the onset of POTS. My first symptom was sleep maintenance and I was put on Trazadone. I started feeling palpitations and tachycardia at that time. I went off the Trazadone and several months later was put on Lexapro and my symptoms started to get worse.

I probably should have started a new thread for this topic but since we are talking about medications that may have a relationship to the onset of POTS maybe this is appropriate.

Lynne