Dizzy But Normal Blood Pressure

Godsgal

Um, Am I missing something???

I have been getting bouts of dizziness, feeling kind of like vertigo. No spinning, just like I feel the room shift down and around or something. Especially when standing or when moving my head a certain way. I do have popping in my ears and lots of nasal congestion. I take my standing blood pressure and it's normal.

So what in the world is the dizziness, vertigo type feeling from then???

Is this the life of POTS and Mast cell activation people? I just want to make sure I shouldn't be getting this checked out!

I think this issue gets raised about once a month. In most cases normal blood pressure tests are meaningless in POTS. Reduced cerebral autoregulation or excessive sympathetic cerebral vasoconstriction can cause reduced cerebral blood flow without any functional drop in overall blood pressure.

It is true that it is more of a circulation problem. However, any type of allergies or other issues will make your POTS ten times worse. Try to correct that first, and then see if you are still dizzy.

Treating my allergies didnt cure my dizziness, but it made it much more bearable. Especially when you have sinus pressure and swelling.

For me, I can have high or low bp, feels the same. I am not dizzy much now thankfully, but when I was, the bp didn't matter. The blood flow, the nervous system and many other things are all making it happen. So complex.