Stock Chaffing

roxie

Does anybody get chaffing behind their knees from stockings? I do & it's been getting worse, it gets a bumpy & raw,sometimes it's almost like little cuts.

I've found the only thing to help heal it is putting gauze behind my knees.

Has anyone found anything to help?

Do you have stockings with a silicon band on the top? The silicone bands make my skin red, bumpy, and itchy. I can only wear them every once in a while or it gets too sore. I do okay with stockings that just have the fabric at the top.

Would putting Neosporin on at night help? Maybe it would help the raw skin to heal better before you have to put stockings on again in the morning. Otherwise, your idea with the gauze sounds good. I'm sure that is probably a pain, though, huh?

I hope you can find something to make the stockings easier on your skin.

Rachel

You could try wearing full length stockings or even just alternating your days between what lenth you are wearing to give your skin a break. I found that the full length stockings help a lot more, but they are a little hot for summer :(

Guest tearose

The only time I have trouble with compression hose irritating me is when I use a product that has a fabric that I am reacting to.

Unfortunately, the Jobst are less expensive but cause me itching and irritation. I do better with JUZO.

Have you considered that it may be the fabric composition that is contributing to the irritation?

feel better,

tearose

I take back what I said about the Juzo stockings. I just checked, and they are the softest on the OUTSIDE, but my Jobst stockings are the softest on the INSIDE.

Bananas, that's great that your insurance covers compression. If you are able to get coverage for the Ames walker brand, then gauze sounds like the way to go. All of the other brands are so expensive when you have to pay out of pocket, even if you do purchase them online.

Rachel