Home from Mexico Trip

MightyMouse

Hi Everyone, Teri and I had a great time in Mexico--we were about an hour south of Cancun--quiet and beautiful place. Can't wait to go back. Did okay with the heat while at the hotel because I was never more than a few feet from a pool or the ocean--and also, it wasn't that hot most of the days. It was even chilly at night, which I LOVED.

We did go to Tulum for one day, which was VERY hard on me. If you look at my photos, you'll see one with my personal cooling thing on--it didn't work well at all and I felt terrible minutes after that shot. I sat in the ocean for a bit and then we went back to the bus--it started raining on the way and I was so thankful for the coolness!

Nina

here's the Ofoto link-

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=77mwjskn.afpar3sz&x=1&y=97dlqh

Welcome back!

Our first trip to Cancun we also took a shot of an iguana (or whatever it is) sitting on a rock at Tulum! Our second trip I swam with the dolphins on Cozumel. Seeing your photos of the horseback activities makes me know that if we ever go back I'd like to do that. And you stayed at a nicer place than we did either time - I'd love to stay somewhere a little more upscale next visit.

So glad you had a good time and fared well most of the trip. Thanks for sharing your photos with us!

Guest tearose

!buenos dios! Welcome back Nina! My goodness, that was a lovely trip! I'm sorry the cooling system didn't work. Was it that it ran out of ice? Anyway, you'll be chillin' for a while now that your back up here! I hope these memories will stay fresh for months. Have a happy new year celebration tonight! You were missed! take care, tearose

hello nina,

thanks so much for sharing your photos so that we can 'live vicariously'! :)

it looks so beautiful. it looks like you were able to go without your collar a bit. yeah!

also, i see a livestrong bracelet on your wrist but not your dinet one! :) sorry, just teasing you!

i am glad that you got to go on this trip! you needed it and deserved it girl!

emily

Okay, that's NOT a livestrong bracelet--it's my all inclusive hotel's mandatory bracelet. Ya can't enter the property without it--nor can you get on their busses or other properties.

Next trip...hmmm...we're thinking maybe Cozumel... and we're definitely going back to Croatia in June or July. :) Nina

Nope, not offended :) When it's really hot out, the only bracelet I usually wear is my medical alert--I don't like things on my arms when I'm sweating--my arms feel heavy and hot, and I want maximum air flow around me.

In that shot with the cooler on, I was roasting--even with the fan blowing on my neck. It works via evaporation, and has internal sponges with water in them--I kept them full, but the thing just couldn't handle the 90 degrees and high humidity.

Nina