Is This Possible? (Clusters)

Hi to one and all! I'm new here and I had a question for y'all that I was hoping to get, well, any kind of thoughts on. I was dx'ed with Neurasthenia/Dysautonomia 2 years ago (at age 34), but I've suffered with it since at least High School. Lately, as I've re-connected with some of my old High School friends, I've found that at least 3 from my graduating class of 33 (yes, a whopping 33 - our hometown is only about a thousand people on a good day) have remarkably similar symptoms, and that a number of others from classes around ours (plus or minus a couple of years ahead or behind) also have similar symptoms. I know of the genetic link, but is it also possible for something like Dysautonomia to occur in 'clusters'. for lack of a better word. Anyhow, any of your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, because I'm thinking that something just can't be right here. Thanks so much and may you all be richly blessed today! *Hugs* :-D

You know, I've been meaning to look into this. Apparently, YES, at least as far as chronic fatigue syndrome goes. Studies have closely linked the two conditions. One notable outbreak was in Lyndonville, NY. Another cluster has resulted from the first Gulf War called "Gulf war syndrome" with very similar symptoms... Weird, but I don't know enough to begin to understand it. Maybe we were born with the genetic predisposition and something in our environment set it off?

Julie

Along with the cluster theory I am wondering as much as environmental if it could be a strain of virus that hits.

At work at this same time that I got hit with chicken pox other people were getting sick and it was affecting them neurologically to some extent.

One worker complained of diarrhea and excruciating pain that was only on one side of her body. She could not move that side at all without being in tears. There was another case of chostochondritis which I thought I may also have. Since when is chosto catching???? Another yet was a worker from the kitchen suddenly had chest pain and had to be treated with muscle relaxers.

It was just one person after another with something wrong.

Some years no lie-we'd have 4-5 people suddenly have to have their gall bladders removed.

At this same time and it was just before the swine flu there were several stories of people going to emergency complaining they felt like they could not catch their breath they were sent home and they died in their sleep.

This was really freaking me out because I was just becoming symptomatic myself.

My patients were also having symptoms too and would go out on me.

I was a total mess.

The woman that had shingles that I got the chicken pox from died.

She was incredible pain after her shingles. They gave her morphine and as soon as they got her pain free she died. When I got back from my mandatory 2 weeks off and found out she had died I had a cold chill go through my body.

I felt okay during the chicken pox, sick yes but no POTS like symptoms till after.

Her daughters reported the same thing had happened to her younger sister the year before.

I became almost terrified of my work place and going any where locally.

When I did go to my local lab to have blood drawn- the phlebotomist there was having the same exact symptoms.

Hers began the same time mine did and she was convinced she had a heart problem.

I ran into another person I knew that had gotten a virus 4 months after me and she said ever since she had periods where she felt as if she could not catch her breath. She was in nursing school at the time and her blood pressure would just go up out of the blue.

She had upper gi's and multiple tests and they were not finding anything.

They put her on Ativan around the clock but her symptoms continued.

ABSOLUTELY this condition occurs in clusters. I think we just all react a little different to it but most have the typical symptoms of fatigue, pain, and VS changes. I worked more than 10 years in an old state building in Louisiana and there are over a dozen of us that have autoimmune type illnesses...many of which are Dys-like symptoms.

I agree it hits in clusters but it can be caused by so many things. I know for sure mine is genetic.. my grandma had exact symptoms of pots (they just diagnosed her with anxiety) my mother has tons of autoimmune issues. I had very small symptoms growing up, but it was not until my drug use did I fully come down with this.