A.M. vs P.M.

EarthMother

Tell me again ... I know I read it somewhere but can't put my fingers on it again. Why is it I often feel much better in the evening than I do in the morning or even early afternoon?

For instance, yesterday I could barely get off the couch all morning, I just felt awful. But by 7:00 p.m. I was much stronger, less symptomatic all around and even went out Christmas shopping for an hour!

It seems so strange. But I've learned to be thankful for whatever little pockets of time I do get each week.

Good thoughts,

EM

If I'm remembering correctly, it has to do with the natural cycle of your body during the day--the hormones and body chemicals that elevate bp are at their lowest in the AM, upon waking.

nina <_<

EM,

I have a suggestion for you. It's something I do to help in the mornings. If you are able, consider doing some exercises ON THE FLOOR in the morning so that you stimulate whatever it is to get your blood circulating better. I'm not sure if I should relate to you what I do, as I do not know your condition and what you are able to do. I lay a folded blanket on the floor for comfort. Then, I use some very light weights (4 lbs) as part of excercising my biceps, triceps and shoulders. Then there are some leg exercises I do for the adducters, abducters (inner and outer thigh muscles). I then use a tape that helps trim your tummy.

Anyway, I'm not telling you all this to brag about what I do. I just wanted to let you know that maybe if you can do some exercises on the floor in the AM, it could help you get going sooner. It does for me. <_<

I've always been a "night owl", and ever since the POTS started I've noticed that I feel so great at night, I don't want to go to bed!! I roll out of bed in the mornings and then trudge through most of my day, hitting a slump about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and come 7pm I'm up and ready to go, just when everyone else is winding down!! You are definitely not alone in this, I've talked to many people with ANS problems who feel better later in the day...so I'm in agreement with you, take what you can get and make the most of it! Sometimes it's a good idea to plan shopping trips, dinner events, and other outings later in the day so you can function better <_<

I truly just love this forum. I feel perfectly normal when I read all our stories and complications. I hate mornings with all my heart. I can’t get out of that bed at all. I feel as if my body goes to one **** of a party every night and I am left with the hang over for most of the day. I wish it were the other way round. I do most of the important things in the morning. I have to drive myself to work nearly 30 km and then work for 8 hours.

One of you mentioned you could drink coffee. Well I have never understood it but if I want to sleep I must drink a cup of coffee. It drops my sugar levels very low and makes you feel terrible.

The only thing that I can think of that helps me in the mornings is my beautiful black dog. I have mentioned before she does not understand that mommy is sick and boy does she know what my alarm is for.

Good luck, it takes guts to get out of the bed every morning. <_<

Yes, I experience the same thing. I remember telling a doctor or two about this phenomenon and they just gave me a blank look, like it was irrelevant. I can often feel quite good/normal by 6 PM or so. Mornings are the worst, I just have to force my body to move some days. I work part-time and am a full-time mom. On my days off from work, I always do some gentle, on-the-floor yoga in the AM with my daughter by my side. This seems to help somewhat. I would really like to understand how I can feel so rotten in the AM and often so well in the PM!

My doctor and I are trying me taking the proamatine 30 minutes before I would usually wake up and I've been doing this for 2 weeks and I do think it is helping me. Thought maybe for some of you who have problems with the am might want to disscuss this with your doc, this at least keeps me from bottoming out first thing ;)

When I took proamatine, taking it 20 to 30 minutes before trying to get out of bed did the trick for me. My spouse left for work at about the time I needed to take it, so that was part of our kiss goodbye and have a nice day routine.

Nina :)