Need Some Good Thoughts, Good Juju, Vibes, Whatever

MightyMouse

Alright, I'll admit it ... I need help. Emotionally, the sudden ending of my 18 year relationship is still, 6 months later, wearing on me. But, meanwhile I'm having other health related issues to pile on top. I'm requesting good thoughts, energy, and if you're inclined, prayer. Monday I have needle biopsies being taken for some masses in my left breast. I'm trying not to be nervous--I'm not scared to have the test, just about hearing the results. Thanks. :wub: Nina

Oh, waiting for test results is just the WORST! I hope that you can feel the hug I'm sending, as well as the prayers. I often think of all the work you do for DINET on top of working full-time, and while dealing with your illnesses. Thank you so much for giving your time and support to the rest of us. When I get discouraged and wonder if I should even push toward another goal, I think of folks like you and tell myself that "I can do it... or at least I sure can try."

I'll be thinking of you. The waiting is the worst. I developed a large mass in one of my breasts that had to be biopsied earlier this year. It is benign. Having these doesn't mean you are at more risk for breast cancer and these benign growths are common. Very much hope this is what you have. My biopsy was not tons of fun, hopefully you will have a good dr and kind nurse. I had a great nurse who was very comforting and also sat w/ me for awhile as I felt a little dizzy afterwards (POTS-related for sure).

I am really sorry about your loss of your relationship. This is very hard and a major stress. Be good to yourself.

Lots of good thoughts, prayers and support are winging your way. This weekend will be tough...that phrase about "dying a thousand deaths" comes to mind. Our minds can go such awful places... usually much worse than where we'll end up in reality. Still it's a scary prospect. Having been in a similar situation a couple of times, I truly can relate. So sorry this comes on top of your breakup and all the other health issues you've been dealing with recently.

Thanks for all you do to help all of us.

Hope you'll feel all the prayers holding you up on Monday and sustaining you through your wait for the results!

My breast surgeon has a sign in her office that says "Enough with Reality. I want my Fairy Godmother!" If I can find one of those for you, I'll send her along to hold your hand and wave her wand over you too! :)

Nina~

I'm praying for you and sending you lots of positive, healing energy. I'm sorry you're having all of this hitting you at the same time. Give yourself plenty of time to grieve over the loss of such a long relationship, and try to stay in the moment as much as possible until your testing is completed and your results are known.

Remember, there are so many of us here that are thinking of you! I'm sure everything will go well, and please let us know what happens.

Hugs and serenity,

Jana

Thanks peeps. I couldn't pick a more symptomatic day to go... oy. My blood pressure is completely tanking today so I'm trying to decide what to do next to get myself ready for my 1:15 appt. I know the biopsies will provoke more symptoms because of the pain factor... here's to staying conscious and being able to drive myself home! Then the waiting game starts.

They decided b/c the size of it, I'm going to a surgery center on Thurs for a short procedure where they'll try to take most of it out for pahtology.

Thank you all so much for keeping me in mind... I need the boost. I've been really symptomatic all week, just getting over another bladder/kidney infection and having difficulty managing to do simple things like feed myself and do the same for the cats each day. I have to do laundry today. Running out of underwear... will probably salt load on pickles and then see if I can get a few loads of clothing done. Nervous about getting back to work f/t next week when I can't really stand up right now for more than a few minutes.

Doing my best to send good thoughts and energy to you. I'm not very spiritual, but I'm trying and I hope at least some of it gets to you.

I'm not all that spiritual either but I believe good thought has power, so I will accept all thoughts heading my way. Procedure is scheduled for 9:30 at a hospital in PA with a surgeon who has a great rep, so I'm hoping that keeps me calm. :)

Nina

I'm home... wrapped in an ace bandage so tight I think my brain has been cut off from blood flow ;) and they stuffed my bra with an ice pack too, which I'm thankful for as the novacaine starts wearing off. Procedure took about an hour and we had a little difficulty getting the area numb enough but overall, wasn't too bad. Now for the waiting game...

I'm home... wrapped in an ace bandage so tight I think my brain has been cut off from blood flow ;) and they stuffed my bra with an ice pack too, which I'm thankful for as the novacaine starts wearing off. Procedure took about an hour and we had a little difficulty getting the area numb enough but overall, wasn't too bad. Now for the waiting game...

nina-

Hope you are sleeping/resting and able to recover from this without any more flare ups.

Sending more positive energy for strength as the waiting game begins. Will it be a week until you have results?

noreen

Yeah, It should be about a week before I hear anything. Now I'm wishing someone was here to make me dinner. I'm hungry but too tired to do anything about it.

Yeah, It should be about a week before I hear anything. Now I'm wishing someone was here to make me dinner. I'm hungry but too tired to do anything about it.

I'm late to this thread, but send positive thoughts all the same. If all of our love could be transformed into food, you'd have a feast.... So sorry you had to go through this alone. I've got fingers and toes crossed that all will be well.

Hugs-

Julie

Guest tearose

Hope you are feeling okay today. I know the day after can be the hardest as the healing begins and anesthesia wears off.

I am sending you loads of joyful thoughts, good juju, positive vibes and peaceful meditative healing energy!!!

Can you order some food delivered for the next few days so you don't have to cook or do dishes?

gentle hugs,

tearose

friends took me to dinner tonight, and I have a doggie bag... so lunch is done for tomorrow! I'm really sore today. I have moments wHere I really don't feel much and then sudden ouch moments where the stitches are. I'll let you guys know when I get the results back. :)

Nina