Another Surgery

potsgirl

I just got back from the doctor's office, where I've been too much lately due to digestive issues. During my endoscopy last week, they discovered I had a small hiatal hernia and esophagitis. So far, none of the proton-pump inhibitors have done the job, but I'm still waiting to try a more non-traditional drug (thanks, Ruekat) soon. I've been managing my ab pain with Percocet so far, since it's been the only thing working. Today, I found out I also have appendicitis and perhaps more going on in that area, so will be going into the hospital tomorrow for an appendectomy and some exploratory surgery. I just feel like it never ends!

Please send me your positive thoughts/or prayers - I'll be thinking of your support, and that helps get me through.

Cheers,

Jana

Potsgirl,

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I'm glad they caught your appendix before it ruptured it will help with recouping. I'll be keeping you in my prayers tomorrow that the dr will find everything that needs to be found and hope for a speedy recovery.

Maggie

Hey potsgirl,

Hoping everything goes well with you. I'm glad they caught it before it ruptured. Mine ruptured and because of not having insurance, I didn't get surgery for 2 years later. Lots of damage and nearly losing my life over that one. Good you won't be going through that. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and less pain when you're recovered. You should feel allot better.

Thanks for the well wishes! I was overnight in the hospital, and got out yesterday afternoon. While in, they found what appears to be endometriosis in my pelvic region. Anybody have any experience with this? I've had the symptoms, just didn't know it...it's off to the GYNO next!

Thanks for any input/info.

cheers,

jana

Oh Jana,

I'm so sorry that I've be such a space shot lately and missed this. I've had that and really bad adhesions as well. Sending you lots of love and hugs. I just prayed for you also my dear sweet friend. I hope to be back on the ball after the end of the month.

xxx's

BellaMia~*

You'll be in my prayer's also. How did the surgery go-------are your recovering nicely? I'm sorry they found endometriosis, as I know how complicated that can get by what my cousin has dealt with. I hope they can help you with that and prevent any complications.

Take care of yourself, and keep us updated.

Maxine :0)

Jana,

Be well and know you are loved and so many people are sending you positive energy!

love you~

bellamia~*

Bellamia~

No worries....You have so much going on yourself. How are you doing with your mom's death and how was her funeral? I'm thinking of you!

jana

Dear Jana,

I'm up, down, up, down, up, down, up... we buried mom last Tues and now this Thurs we will have a celebration of her life in Cape Cod, Mass. I will spend a lot of time in my garden thinking of her this summer. That's what we did mom and did. We loved flower gardens and giving our flowers away to make people happy.

Get better,

love you...

Bellamia

I'm at home and recuperating - only had to spend one night in the hospital. We were supposed to leave on a trip this Wednesday, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Today will be the first day I attempt to go outside the house. I've had a lot of wound pain, and am trying to go without pain killers today for the first time. Very fatigued...Thanks for all the well wishes, and let's hope the cultures go back okay. I'll know about those in another week or two.

How long did it take others to recuperate from appendix/gallbladder/other similar surgeries?

Cheers,

Jana