Wake Up Nauseated?

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to roll over and feel a big wave of nausea. It goes away after a few minutes. Anyone else experience this? Wonder what causes it?

Almost every night I experience this .... As julie said, sounds like motility issues ..... i have gastroparesis and small bowel dysmotility .... have you had a gastric emptying test? or small/large bowel transit time?

This is my son's main complaint. He wakes up every morning nauseated and can not get out of bed. It has gotten better recently though, he is able to get out of bed around noon now instead of late afternoon - til early evening. He does have gastroparesis and takes medication for it. They have done alot of GI related tests and are now believing his nausea in neurological. He may be having silent migraines or it is just part of the migraineous process. He used to have terrible migraines that would end him up in the emergency room with IV painkillers.

What is slowed motility? Does that mean your digestive system is working too slowly to digest and process food?

The stomach moves the food out too slowly. The nerves that make the stomach contract to push the food into the intestines don't work properly. My son takes medication that irritates the nerves(that's how it was explained to me) to make the contract to push the food into the intestines. My son's intestines contract fine, they tested him for that, so it is just his stomach.

If the food sits in the stomach too long, it can ferment and make you nauseas.

Guest tearose

Oh yes, put me in this category too. I keep a bottle of Gaviscon on my nightstand! It doesn't happen all the time but enough that I have to manage it.