Weather, Changes In Symptoms

I wanted to get some opinions from other people here that live other places .... I live in South Carolina, and I felt pretty decent for a month or so (to the point I thought I might be getting better) - The weather was cooler (30s-50s) during this time - Then, the past week, our temps climbed into the 80s, and I noticed worsening symptoms again - I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this correlation, or if it is a fluke thing w/ me? Thank you ahead of time for any help! :blink:

I wanted to get some opinions from other people here that live other places .... I live in South Carolina, and I felt pretty decent for a month or so (to the point I thought I might be getting better) - The weather was cooler (30s-50s) during this time - Then, the past week, our temps climbed into the 80s, and I noticed worsening symptoms again - I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this correlation, or if it is a fluke thing w/ me? Thank you ahead of time for any help! :blink:

I am truly petrified of the coming summer in NY with heat and humidity. My symptoms can get much worse just walking out to the car and, oh no, the heat of a hot car while waiting for the a/c to kick on - I won't have a brain cell left to drive never mind talk to whatever medical professional I was off to see.

I know the hotter weather gets to me too. Even a hot shower will set me off most days! Funny thing is the cold is almost as bad. I am so cold intolerant it's driving me crazy! We dont have snow or anything but when it's cold and rainy and the wind is blowing I just want to crawl into bed with 4 blankets! Ugh!

KC

Yes, me too! I was looking forward to spring, but here in va it's like we went straight to summer temps and I also feel the symptoms worsening just being out and waiting for the car to cool down. I think I read taht pots pts are not able to adjust to changing temps as well and that is why many of us can't take the cold either. I do get cold, but can take it much better than heat. Someone else wrote they could even feel it with a shower. I have to be careful to keep the water lukewarm and I used to love to take a hot bath, but no more!

Last summer I bought a cooling vest which has significantly helped me to be outdoors in warm weather. There are lots of old threads on cooling vests, if you're interested.

Thanks, I plan to ask my new neuro for a script for one when I see him at the end of May.

The weather just got to me too in the last few days - all winter I thought that at last my pots symptoms are under control, but this heat wave just push me completely of balance.

I don't know what to do with the summer coming up :blink: - maybe just being at home with air condition and ice packs.

Me too. Yesterday was 92 and today in the 80's. I also thought maybe this summer will be different and I'll handle the heat better, then I stepped outside and felt (and probably looked) like a zombie.

I didn't have the energy yesterday to walk upstairs in the afternoon and turn on my bedroom air conditioner, so by the time I went to bed the room was 85 and it took a few hours to get down to a tolerable 76. The pounding headache finally went away around 3am.

Gotta remember to set the timer on the air conditioner on hot days, and I'm considering purchasing one of those cool vests for when I need to go out.