Upgrading the forum

Hi guys!

A few of you have written me in the last few days and said you've been getting error messages when you try to post on the forum. I'm not sure what is going on there, but I'm hoping upgrading the forum will take care of it. I'm going to do that this coming week. Hopefully everything will go smooth, but I wanted to let you guys know ahead of time in case there are any problems.

Take care,

Michelle

So if I can't get on board, I won't worry that I've been kicked off...

:)

Michelle, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. One of the things I'll be grateful for this year is you, your forum here, and the wonderful, caring people who come together at this place to help and support each other.

God bless, everyone. Have a great holiday.

Hugs,

JB

yup...ditto, ditto, ditto to everything above!

hey, i met a dog the other day named ditto! so cute!

anyway, this, being thanksgiving and all is the perfect time to GUSH about this site and get to be all MUSHY! :D my favorite past time! :)

michelle, this board is a lifeline for me too...like katherine said.

you have created something so wonderful out of a yucky illness. i always wish i could find a way to make a difference in the world like that. i think that is the best thing we can do with this illness or any obstacle for that matter...turn it into something positive. somehow touch other people's lives. or make another life easier b/c of the path we have traveled.

i just watched an interview with elizabeth edwards today. and it made me so sad b/c i really admire her and it seems like she has a very hard road ahead. but, anyway, she talked about using this as an opportunity to educate women to get a mammogram (b/c she hadn't for four years). she said that if she stayed silent and didn't share her story, it would be a waste b/c she wouldn't have used her illness to make a difference.

she also spoke about the power of hope. she quoted my favorite emily dickinson poem...

so, thanks for making a difference, michelle and all of the rest of you who give tirelessly to this site. you ARE changing lives and educating people about dysautonomia.

also, you do such a good job keeping this site moderated and positive. we are very blessed to have such a community. most of us would maybe never meet another person with POTS...but now we can be in touch with people all over the world!

oh, that is another important point. an article in u.s. news and world report about getting the best medical care said that one of the most important things you can do is find a mentor and/or mentors who have your same illness. well, that is what this site definitely does! we don't just have one mentor...we have lots! yeah!

hope the upgrade goes well. i don't know the first thing about computer stuff like that.

a blessed thanksgiving to all...

emily

Gosh, you guys are sooo sweet! :lol: Thanks.

Emily (and JB, Katherine and the rest of you) you are making a BIG difference in other people's lives by being on this forum and sharing your experiences. You ARE making a difference in the world. YOU are the people who make this forum a positive lifeline for others. I am thankful for all of the great people on here who are dealing with so much in their own lives, yet take the time to reach out and help others through their challenges.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Michelle

I know...it does look different, doesn't it? It's going to take some getting used to. But hopefully this will solve the problems some members were having with posting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Michelle

YEAH! IT DOES LOOK SO DIFFERENT, BUT THE NEW FEATURES ARE GREAT TOO...

PRETTY SOON WE'LL FORGET WHAT IT 'USED TO' LOOK LIKE...

AND MICHELLE, THANKS FOR HELPING ME GET BACK ON THE SITE...IT FELT SO WEIRD NOT TO BE ABLE TO POST! I AM GLAD TO BE BACK!

THANKS FOR YOU HARD WORK! I REALLY CAN'T IMAGINE RUNNING THIS WHOLE THING...I REALLY ADMIRE YOU FOR IT!

EMILY

Michelle,

The new format looks great. It's neat and tidy. Thank you so much for all you do to keep this forum running so smoothly. It's so organized and efficient and wonderful and many other things that mean GREAT!!! GREAT!!! GREAT!!!! Here you are - so computer literate- behind the entire running of this marvelous forum and I can't even figure out how to add a clickable smile. (One day I'll learn.). I think you are brilliant!

Regards,

Beverly

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm FAR from brilliant, but thanks for the kudos! :) (I'm glad I've got you all fooled :):):) ) I still say you guys are the ones who make this forum such a great place.

Beverly, it's really easy to add a smilie in a post. All you have to do is click on whichever smilie you want to add in and it automatically is inserted. Try it out...it really is easy.

Thanks again for all the compliments. You guys are the greatest. :)

Michelle

Michelle

Ok, I have to admit that sometimes change is hard to accept but we've adjusted to having POTS too :) That wasn't meant as a slam btw, didn't realize how it sounded until I reread it.

I have to admit that I missed the old website at first but now I'm really seeing all the cool stuff that this one has. GREAT JOB!

The one thing that I was really missing was the dot in the middle to show you that you've replied to something, because lord know I can never remember half the time. Anyway I finally figured out that you thought of that too because of the little corner of the folder is turned up. THANK YOU!

I also like that you can see if someone is on or not.

Nice job all around and thx for keeping it going :)

Steph

Steph, you can still see which posts you've read--they've just moved the indicator to the right side of the forum, in the last column. Look for the check marks.

Merrill, in the previous forum layout, I could see a little list at the bottom of the main forum page, telling me who was currently online, and also, who has joined since my last login. I can no longer see this feature, but it could be a browser issue--I'm on a mac and use netscape. Most folks are pc users , running MS internet explorere.

Nina