Anyone Felt Tingling On Left Side For More Than One Day?

Dusty

This is now my third day with tingling (pins and needles) down my entire left side. I have also had increased headaches. My doctor is concerned about a stroke. I had a CAT scan which showed no major stroke coming. I'm waiting for a MRI to see if a minor one is possible.

Has anyone else had tingling like this on one side for more than one day?

I wondering if I have a virus because normally my left side of my face tingles when I get one. However, I have no other viral symptoms. I also curious about my birth control pills.

Hi Dusty~

Was your CT scan done with contrast? Either way, you really need an MRI to catch most things that are going on in your brain. I have the same left-sided problem. It's weaker, it tingles, it feels 'dead' sometimes...An MRI showed that I had an abnormal amount of ischemic lesions and possibly a small stroke when I had one done about 5 years ago. I haven't been able to have another one, because I got a pacemaker 3 years ago. However, I had a CT scan last week, without contrast (I'm deathly allergic) and that showed that I had moderate brain volume loss, which indicates one of a couple of diseases it could be...none of them good. I'm waiting to get in to a neurologist for further testing, but MS is a possibility.

That said, things that mess with your ANS can cause weird sensations like you're having, so it may well be nothing, but I would definitely go ahead with the MRI to make sure. Please let us know how that goes, and take care!

Cheers,

Jana

Hi Dusty,

Back when I was younger, early 30's, this was a common symptom for me- whole left side. Like Persephone, my neurologist described this as a part of my migraine aura. Even though I didn't always follow with a migraine :rolleyes: . I did suffer with many during that period and they often ran into each other.

I had many MRI's, aside from a pineal cysts (incidental finding) nothing of significance was found. Definitely follow up with your neurologist. It's a scary symptom, but chances are it's just a weird autonomic manifestation. Let us know what you find out.

Hugs-

Julie

I have also had left sided tingling. Mostly in my lower leg, but also in my hand. I had an MRI to rule out MS - which it did. I had an idiot for a neurologist who chalked everything up to "subconscious anxiety" :rolleyes:. I have since been diagnosed with POTS and I also have migraines - perhaps it's related to my migraines. It would be a good idea to have an MRI to rule out anything more serious.

Summer