Compression Hose

nunntrio

The compression hose I have are too short which makes them so uncomfortable I never where them. They do not seem to make them in talls. Does anyone have this problem. Any advice from other tall thin people.

Aslo, can recommend a particular brand/compression level. The ones I use now are so old I can not read the tags and were purchased from a Doctors office.

Any help would be great.

I just posted about a pair of compression hose that I have that I don't wear. I'm 5' 8" and 120 pounds. These are 20-30mmHg, and they're Mediven, open toe. Look back the last week or so on the posts and you should find all the details. PM me if you're interested....These go to your waist, which my doctor recommends.

Cheers,

Jana

I wear the mediven thigh high ones. I'm 6'2 and they're pretty comfortable! I get mine at a medical supply place where they measure to be sure they'll fit properly! I'm probably in the mens sizes but I'm not in them for the fashion statement anyway!!

Brye

• 4 weeks later...

At 5' 6'', I realize I'm not anywhere close to 6 feet. However, at my height I find that the Jobst thigh high really stretch, right up to the crotch area and I feel they'd stretch even more.

I'm glad to see this post because I've been wearing 20 - 25 Jobst for 2 1/2 years, getting new ones every 8 months or so. I've never been able to walk or stand very long without my legs getting extremely weak and wobbly and I know I'm about to fall. For the past 2 months this has become worse.

I'd like to ask if the next level of compression give more support so I can move around better and longer? Thanks for any response someone may give.

Mary P

Definitely more support the higher the number. I've found the 20-30 range more comfortable but The 30-40 definitely are more helpful for me. I wear the 20-30 ones if I'm having a good day and the 30-40 if I'm feeling more lightheaded than usual!

Brye