Sleeping On A Wedge???

niki

Does anyone else sleep on a wedge (slight head elevation)? This was recommended, but is is actually making me nauseous, I have no idea why, but not all that suprising. Anyone have any knowledge or specifics on how exactly this is suppose to work? Really, I didn't think this was suppose to be too complicated or require instructions, but I must have something wrong. Guess it is time to get out my jack, ruler and protractor to try to get the angles right ;)

I've slept on a wedge for years.

Obviously, at this point, your body is finding that position "too vertical". Maybe a more gradual approach to elevation would do, like 2" higher/week. Somebody on this forum tried this gradual approach, and had success. It took months for that person to be able to sleep higher. I don't remember how they accomplished this. Maybe it was with blocks under the head of the bed? I can't remember.

I had my bed elevated for a few months and it didn't help at all, if anything I think it made it worse. We took it down and I went back to how I was before. I don't think it helps a lot of people but for those that do, they swear by it. Hope it helps you. Good luck!

I also bought a wedge but it was too uncomfortable and i went back to the traditional three pillow method.Next month i'll get a bed with inclination mechanism like the ones they have in hospitals-only prettier-my dad has one for years and it has reduced his acid reflux symptoms during the night.They are quite expensive though-i've been saving for quite a while in order to get it.Another solution-which my doctor had suggested along time ago- is to put some bricks under the bedlegs to elevate the top of the bed.I didn't try it though so i am not sure that it works...

I have one of this pillows that swell larger at the bottom, and then again at the top, but not as much, so your head is cradled in between. I know there's a name for it, but of course I can't think of it now. I love it...

I'm baffled by how the head elevation is supposed to help, but somehow it does assist me, especially during phases of weird night anxiety like stuff (I used a lazee boy). When I'm practicing good overall POTS hygiene (solid steady hydration, gluco-steady diet, sparse caffeine, sparse alcohol, etc.) and fludro I tend to get away with sleeping flat... but like toddm I feel overpressured in the head often when fully supine (even if BP isn't outrageous).