Anyone Get This?

mvdula

Just this wknd, I started to get this weird feeling off and on - and today more so. I am not nauseated or anything. I just randomly get that feeling you get before you throw-up - when you start to salivate more. I feel it under my tongue generally. It is very very annoying and somewhat worrisome. Hope someone out there can shed some light on this fun new symptom!

YES! I haven't had it lately, but within the last 10 years, I would go through "spells" of a few days where I would have so much saliva. During the day it wasn't a problem, but trying to go to sleep and drooling was awful. I kept a cup by my bed that I would spit in, and once I fell asleep, it was no longer a problem. I can't relate to why I would periodically get it.

I have no idea what it is, but...you're not alone. I'll be doing nothing in particular (although it usually does seem to happen when I've been standing for awhile) and my mouth will just flood with saliva for no reason. No nausea, no pain, doesn't seem to be reflux related. Just...spit surprise. I know the parasympathetic nervous system controls saliva production, so maybe that plays into it somehow?

It's most embarassing if it happens while I'm talking. It's like, Oops! Hard to hide unfortunately during those situations. I haven't had this symptom on a regular hasis and I have no idea what triggers. But I didn't have this problem prior to POTS.

Now I'm on mestinon and one of the common side effects is excessive salivation. So fun! :D

I have the too much saliva problem but notice it mostly when riding. I've often wonder what causes it when I'm in a car. Does the motor stimulate the brain? Is it outdoor allergies? Is it because I'm stressed when riding because I have inner problems & riding makes me feel bad? Another problem I don't have an answer for.

I have had this off and on since I have had POTS. All of a sudden my mouth will just fill up with saliva. Pat