SSDI Approved!!

Dawg Tired

At last! I initially applied Sept 16, 2002 and had my ALJ hearing the end of August this year. I got my letter of a "Fully favorable decision" today. I expect it will still be some months before we see money but at least this is a step in the right direction.

My husband had his hearing in March, got his determination in August and we are STILL waiting for his money to start.

My decision cited sick sinus syndrome status post pacemaker placement, obesity, and sleep apnea.

So many of us are fighting this fight and I just wanted all of you to know that you just gotta keep fighting!

Guest tearose

Gayla, what a relief! You must feel some financial burden lifting now! Naturally I wish you weren't in the position to need the ssdi, but I'm glad the judge understood your disabilities, and decided in your favor. I hope you and your husband find the check in the mail soon. I can't imagine how difficult it must be when there is more than one disabled family member. How do you manage? I too need the ssdi and am waiting for my decision letter in the mail. Hearing your news was encouraging! thank you, tearose

I am so happy for you. I hope you will feel a burden being lifted. Hopefully you won't have to wait long. It hasn't been that long since I was approved and I just recieved Saturday thru direct deposit the back pay that was due for my children. I hope you recieve your just as quick. That is wonderful news.

Paige

Thanks to all of you who send good wishes. This site and all of you are such a blessing to me. I know that all of us are going through such an incredibly difficult time that any good news is appreciated by all of us.