Tummy Going Nuts!

ana_22

I have a real battle with my stomach. I have had issues with nausea and ingestion and reflux and loud stomach grumbles!

I have had a normal gastric emptying, but tested positive to SIBO, which i have previously shared with the forum.

Yesterday and today i feel wiped out...and with that my tummy troubles have escalated. No appetite. Not so much constant nausea, just nausea when trying to eat. My sister just made me dinner and put it next to me and MY stomach went nuts with noises and grumbles JUST looking at the food! Why is that? i havent even attempted to put it in my mouth and already my stomach is protesting.

the only thing i have done really different is i started taking about 5mls of olive leaf extract once-twice a day for the last week or two (not sure exactly when as i didnt document it) also it was pretty hot yesterday 30degrees (which is about 86 Fahrenheit) though i was inside in air con for most of the day...i did sit out side for about half an hour in the morning when it wasnt too hot....just to get some sun and VIT D .

For those of you who know SIBO do you think the olive leaf extract could have caused a revival of SIBO?

Im so upset as ive been slowly getting better food wise and for the last few weeks (maybe 5 weeks) i havve bene able to eat 3 meals a day without feeling full or nauseated. I even ate some chocolate and lemon pudding!

I hope this sorts it self out....thanks for the vent

Im so sick of this but its not something you can say your done with an walk away unfortunatley

Olive leaf extract? I know nothing about it. If I had your problems, (and I have SIBO), it would be time to stop the supplements and begin my one-week course of Xifaxin, an antibiotic for SIBO.

Let us know what you decide. I am assuming you do not have gastroparesis? This can cause nausea too.

I don't know much about SIBO or olive leaf extract but, if its not dr prescribed can you stop taking it for a little while and see if you feel better. Can yogurt help? I know yogurt increases the bodies good intestinal bacteria. Somedays when I haven't eaten enough I get really nauseous and its hard to eat even though needing to eat its what causing the nausea in the first place. Are you able to hold food down even if it doesn't feel very good? Can you try something like ensure as a supplement until you can eat better?

What is SIOB?

THANKS~ :)

Hmmm. My stomach gets noisy and it grumbles when I need food. Also, like another poster said, sometimes you can feel nauseous when you really are hungry and haven't eaten enough for too long a time period. I definitely would try to go off the olive leaf extract for a week and see if that helps.

Feel better soon~

Jana

Oh I get it now, like every time I get off flagyl for my IBS I get so sick all over again. I've been hunting for my anti nausa meds for the past 45 mins. and give up. I feel sooooo "sickakalicka," and want to barf but can't so I just want to be in bed. :P

bellamia~