A Good Idea

mindylee1

I've been making jewelry for about a year or so. I've been doing alot of work with wire lately. Well anyway I have made these angels and if I do say so myself they are pretty cute. I had this idea that I should sell them and half of the profits will go to our foundation. I think this angel should be symbolic. Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas....

Thank You

Mindy

Mindy

That's a lovely idea. Particularly with the holidays coming up! If you want to send me photo(s) of your angels and offer them for sale to DINET members and supporters that way, I could post the photos on our Faces of DINET webpage--or even make a separate webpage for "DINET products". See what feedback you get from Michelle and Nina.

Katherine

i already know people that angels would be perfect for! that is a great idea. do you think you could put a little card/tag on them so that when we give them to people they say that this gift is also helping to raise money and awareness for DINET? also, could say on the tag "thanks for being an angel in my life. this was purchased in honor of your caring and half of the proceeds will go to benefit blah de blah..." you get the idea. sorry if that was too nosy. i just think they would be the perfect gift for people who watch out for us....and love us and are our angels through this illness. thanks for sharing your creativity with us! what a gift! emily

Thanks for all the responses. I am so excited about this. I've been up all night making these angels. It's so much fun to do now that they really will mean something. I will have my sister take pictures and send them to you all. I'm thinking three dollars.... let me know what you think. It cost me about $1.50 to make so I think thats a fair price. I am going to contact my church today I know that they would love to purchase them. They pray for me all the time. Well I will keep you posted

Thanks a bunch

Mindy

mindy....$3 bucks is a huge bargain! you could charge more if you wanted to i think. but, i do know a lot of folks on this board struggle so much financially, that this would make it doable for them. it also means that maybe we will all just buy more than we would if they cost more! i.e. i would easily buy 5 at $3 a piece, but maybe only 3 at $5 a piece. depends if you want to make more money for your labor! and how much energy you have to make more angels! it's a hard one...

what did you think about the tag idea?

keep us posted. i can't wait to see the pics on the site katherine started! yeah, katherine!!!!

emily

Mindy,

it's a great idea, though I think you better not work at night (sorry, don't want to sound like a concerned grandma :unsure: ). I think the tag idea emily suggested is great (to give an angel to an angel is a brilliant thought don't you think?). And like Katherine said, with the Holidays coming up, this must be the right moment.I think it's great there are such creative and thoughtful people,

Corina

Alright I rounded up the materials to make the tags. Great Idea Emily!!!!

Here is what they will say.

Thanks for being an angel.

This was purchased in honor of your caring and half of the proceeds will go to benefit The Dysautonomia Information Network.

DINET raises awareness of autonomic nervous system dysfunction and

promotes dysautonomia education.

I am going to stick with $3. Sounds affordable. I guess I'm going to have to get busy.

Thanks all of you for your ideas... this will be great!!

Mindy