Vision Getting Worse, Very Worried!

Radha

my vision is getting even worse than what it was before and i am very worried, i am bedridden and cannot leave home to see an

eye doctor, my vision is geting more blurry, sometimes it feels like there is not enough light in the room, like vision is getting

PP

darker, and other times there are spots, could all this be because of POTS asnd EDS? i have always worn glasses but my blurry

vision is not the same all the time, sometimes extra bad and other times not very bad, please, any input or advice would be

appreciated, is there any eye drops or medicine i could take to improve any of these symptoms? any help would be so appreciated,

thanks

Radha

my vision is getting even worse than what it was before and i am very worried, i am bedridden and cannot leave home to see an

eye doctor, my vision is geting more blurry, sometimes it feels like there is not enough light in the room, like vision is getting

PP

darker, and other times there are spots, could all this be because of POTS asnd EDS? i have always worn glasses but my blurry

vision is not the same all the time, sometimes extra bad and other times not very bad, please, any input or advice would be

appreciated, is there any eye drops or medicine i could take to improve any of these symptoms? any help would be so appreciated,

thanks

Radha

Is it ONLY when you are upright? How is your vision when you are laying down? Have you been checked for glaucoma?

Radha,

It sounds as if you really need to go see an eye doctor. Is there any way to get you there via wheelchair and help, or can you perhaps find a doctor willing to make a house call? I know that's really hard to find these days, but they do exist. To really get a good diagnosis though, I think you'd need to get to an office with the right machinery. Lots of luck to you, and hope you figure it out soon.

Cheers,

Jana

thanks for all your replies, unfortunately i cannot get any eye doctor to come to my home even if pay them cash, the vision gets

alittle better sometimes with ice, and rest, and sometimes after i eat something, yes i am very worried but dont know what to do

since there is no way i can leave my home, could POTS be a reason for all this? i think i am too young for cataracts or glaucoma, i

am only 33, thanks again for all your replies,

Radha

Unfortunately, you probably aren't too young for cataracts or glaucoma. I was 'too young' for heart problems, so they didn't consider it until the very end of my testing, but that's what it was. There are too many cases out there that prove one is 'never too young' to get what are typically consider older person's diseases.

How do you get to the doctor? Do you have a wheelchair? Somehow, there has to be a way to get you some help.

i also have chronic late stage lyme disease that i cannot treat because i cannot handle the effects of any antibiotics, my doctor

comes to my home, he is a friend of my dad's but he only comes if absolutely necessary, yes i have a wheelchair but cannot sit up

long enough to travel, eyes are constantly changing, sometimes better than other times so i dont think a new prescription for

glasses would help, but it is very frutstrating not being able to see clearly and not knowing how to make it better, thanks again for

all your replies, if you know of any eye drops or other medicine for possible glaucoma that i could try, please let me know,

Radha

Coming from a family with varied eye diseases like a detached retina, glaucoma and a ruptured optic artery, I strongly urge you to find a way to get to an opthamologist or find an eye doctor who can come to you! Your vision could be "going" because of vasoconstriction or hypoperfusion as well. My vision is bad at times because the muscles that cause the eye to move get so tired so easily that they will no longer converge (move inward to focus on anything closer than three feet.) At the same time, they won't diverge: so distance vision is blurred or doubled. It is a muscle/nerve issue with me, but it could have easily been a cyst or tumor pressing on the optic nerves! There is no way to self-diagnoses this one!

What time is your vision normal? What makes it worse?

from what i have been researching, my problems dont fit the description of glaucoma, macular degeneration or cataracts, so it

doesnt look like i am in real danger, still these symptoms are bothering me alot and interfere with what i want to do like read or

watch t.v., thanks so much for all your replies and concern, if there is any med or drops you can think of that might help, please let

me know, thanks again

Radha

• 4 weeks later...

i was lucky that a friend of my dad's is an eye doctor and came to look at my eyes and he thinks i have optic neuritis, do any of

you have this or had this? what is scarey is that it is a sign of MS, but i dont think i have any other symptoms of MS, but i do have

Lyme and i know lyme can cause the optic neuritis too, for those of you who have had this, what medicine did you take or did it go

away by itself, mine seems to be getting more and more worse, and i am so worried it will never get better! i have ordered

different eye drops, one abx, and one anti inflammatory, do you think these type of drops will help this problem? and how long did

it take for vision to get better or normal again? what symptoms did you have? thanks so much for any help

Radha

It sounds like you may have some problems that are interconnected, especially if you are sure you have lyme and POTS. You probably need someone to look at you as a whole, rather than treating individual symptoms. Maybe a reclining wheelchair so you can lie down or a lyme dr that is available by phone?

Unfortunately, you probably aren't too young for cataracts or glaucoma. I was 'too young' for heart problems, so they didn't consider it until the very end of my testing, but that's what it was. There are too many cases out there that prove one is 'never too young' to get what are typically consider older person's diseases.

How do you get to the doctor? Do you have a wheelchair? Somehow, there has to be a way to get you some help.

Hi Radha. No wonder you are afraid, that sounds terrible.

I went to my eye doctor yesterday ( I post this because it was information for me but it is related and might be useful to you) and she told me that people on routine doses of steroids are at greater risk of cataracts, so need really good sun protection for their eyes. also, the increased ocular pressure which is common in POTS can lead to glaucoma. once the optic nerve is damaged it can't be repaired so somehow, you need to see someone. I am 35 and my eye doctor is very concerned about both cataracts and glaucoma. As i am learning, there is no such thing as too young for anything. the treatment for glaucoma, if it is caught at an early stage, is simply eye drops.

I don't know if this will help you, but eyesight is very precious and if you need to scream really loudly to the people around you for help, please do!

-Rachel

Radha, I didn't have problems with my vision until being diagnosed with POTS. My vision is blurry sometimes, lights dim, floaters, I have seen flashes, and other weird things. I have been to an optometrist and opthomologist and they both said theres nothing wrong with my eyes. I assume POTS affects your vision.