Hey, Let's Be "silly" For A Moment!

poppetkazutaka

Okay, so sometimes to get myself to go to work, I bring one (or two) of my babies along with me. This led to me gaining a reputation (when I was on the floor) of being the 'crazy girl with those creepy dolls'. Which in the world of Asian ball joint dolls is something to be proud of. XD

Today I brought two of my ball joint dolls with me, Carmine and Thomas, which you can find on my Deviant Art account which is linked in another post a couple down from this. :3

Some might think its silly that at 28 I still play with, cuddle, and tug my dolls along with me (they're in the shopping bag under my desk being good children) but if it helps with me dealing with the symptoms I think its okay.

Does anyone else have anything they do to help them along? A cuddly toy or a pet? A favourite pair of socks or funky hat? A "silly" thing they do to get by?

• 2 weeks later...

I'M SO GLAD YOU MENTIONED THIS: I try to bring out the sillies in everyone I know. If it's silly or will make someone laugh I buy it and give it to them. But I wish most of all that, "my guy," who will never leave me. I'm told conforms to the shape of my body no matter how I'm sitting or laying could be with me in the hospital the two days when I'm away or really where ever I go. This guy is only 18 lbs., 3 years old and is a white cockerpoo dog. I once saw a movie called, "To Dance With A White Dog," and in this movie they mentioned that all white dogs did angel work. This is my second angel who is so devoted to me and comforts me as I live all alone.

I would slap a trainned to work for me jacket (I can't think of the word, brain fog attack) on him and bring him with me, if he didn't walk around on two legs most of the time and jump up and like he never got any attention. I'd could hide him in my doggie bag and he would just lay on my bed all day long at the hospital. But instead, I bring my brag book with me and show him off along with my grand babies. I leave my bags on the foot of my bed pretending he's laying there the whole time with me...

When I come home, he won't even go outside right away as he has to have our time before he will go out and do his thing. Then it's right back to bed for both of us and we share the meal I brought home together and cuddle.

And yes, we dance at least once a day and I laugh!!!! This is one little guy who brings me such comfort and joy!!! `:3

Gayla,

AWWWWWWWWWWW SO ADORABLE!!! Your kitty looks as big as my guy. I forgot to tell you he sleeps under my sheets on the Cold Nights and we share body heat as I'm always cold too! THANKS FOR SHARING! BELLAMIA~

My dog India is a big comfort to me, along with my family as you can see in previous post----

DSC00215-1.jpg

My wonderful husband helps make everything easier for me---- :) This is him at my son's wedding with my granddaughter when she was 8 months old. now she's 20 months as you can see if previous post.

DSC00379.jpg

Oh---and we have Samantha, my 16 year old girl;

015.jpg

And of course, my boy Spencer

DSC00276.jpg

039.jpg

Maxine :0)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, I'M loving all of these photos Maxine!!!

BELLAMIA~

Thank you!

Gayla-----I love your kitty. How nice it is when they cuddle with us like that. Samantha does cuddle a lot. Spencer has a special routine every morning. He comes and sits on us in the morning while were still in bed. He likes to stand there on our sides or on our bellies. However, I had to train him to sit lower because he at least 18 pounds! He is solid! He carries this little baby dog with him all round the house. It's a cat toy I bought from him when he was a kitten.

It's his favorite toy, and each night around the same time he walks though the kitchen with it in his mouth and a real high pitch meow, then lays it down in the same spot on the living room floor and curls his body around it-----like it's his baby---lol. Some nights if I sleep on the couch he brings it as a gift to me and lays it down beside the couch. He's got quite a personality.

Here's a funny photo; We were having the rehearsal dinner the night before their wedding at the "crabclaw" restaurant in the eastern shore of Maryland.

Her family loves the crab there, and the crab cakes.

DSC00336.jpg

Then I tried to compare my son's friend to the guy on CSI Miami------LOL

DSC00419-1.jpgdavidcaruso.jpg

My son was smoking a cigar-------which I never pictured him doing because he hates smoke, and doesn't smoke cigarettes. Once a month or so he smoke a cigar with one of his buddies.

Here's a funny one;

stogiemike-1.jpg

He like to juggle too.....

morejuggling.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else have anything they do to help them along? A cuddly toy or a pet? A favourite pair of socks or funky hat? A "silly" thing they do to get by?

Hi Poppet.

I am a closet doll player. thankfully i have a daughter and my dolls have become 'hers', but honestly when she's at school I LOVE to get out the hairbrush and brush sarah's hair... i like to dress them all and launder their clothes! I CANNOT believe I am admitting to this!

Recently my big sister (nearly 40) asked me if my daughter would like her 'old doll'. Well, that doll was the object of my affections all my childhood and big sis never let me play with her. She's like a real baby, weighty and the perfect size for newborn clothes. my daughter was mildly interested, but I had to really refrain from shouting with glee "YES YES YES!". So finally, Annabelle has found her home with me! I bought her some new clothes and washed her and re did her hair. She looks even better than i remember from when i was a little girl. From time to time I tell my sister how much the kids love annabelle, but the truth is, it's me. the kids play with her a little bit (very carefully, I think they know she is special).

if i let myself, i'd play dolls all day, i'd carry annabelle in a front pack to the shops! i know, i am CRAZY.

nobody knows this except for all of you! I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Rachel

• 2 weeks later...
Well, he isn't a white dog, but he is my angel. He cuddles me and keeps my feet warm if I get cold.

Hectoratwork.jpg

So cute. Great pic!

I have a beautiful dog and cat who are always by my side when I am down and out. On the days when I can't get out of bed, they will both be on the bed with me keeping me company. I also have a stuffed bulldog toy that my husband gave me. He cuddles with me when things get really bad!

• 4 weeks later...

when i was singel i had a teddy dog in bed. And once i was in the hospital my boyfriend had to pic up some clothes and stuff for me. He tok litle of use, but hi did bring the teddy. I didnt ask for it. It was so cute of him to do it . But i got really embarised at the time. Mostly because of the nurses. But now i see i am not alone... ;)

Now the teddy is on a shelf, exept for when my niese is here. But I do have a living teddy dog now. I today is new years eve. He is really frigthen by fireworks so.. Lukly they are stricter on when u can fire it now.. So I havent heard one yet to day. This time last year hi was a nervous reck. later we will be in the basement (it freezing cold out side so ..) and see a noisy movie. have a better sound system and a large sreen down there. A sort of mini cinnema , ust borrowed some stuff. But its sort of adictive. i think i would like to have it premanent..=)

when it comes to other silly stuff dont know.. i gess some find me silly ;) so i migth be my own silly thing..

Maby my new year relositon shuold be to be even more silly, lett the silly out, not hide it show it of... :(

• 1 month later...

I enjoy photos

I bring them with me to hospitals or camp, or look at them on my phone, as I take pics of pics! haha

I also have a keychain with the word faith etched into it,really pretty. Given to me by my best friends son (who is seven and convinced that we're getting married)

• 2 months later...

I have 'happy socks'

Some are stripey, some have animals on. My favourite pair is bright red and says 'Moo Baa Quack' all over.

And I draw little stickmen of things that happen/my symptoms/things that could have happened which really make me laugh, and sometimes make other people laugh too! I started doing this during my first PoTS related hospitalisation :rolleyes: