Here In Atlanta For Mito Testing

toddm1960

Met with Dr. Schoffner today.........wow. There's alot going on with mitochondrial research as it effects dysautonomia. Dr. Schoffner has dicovered a new compound he's looking to get FDA approval for to correct specific mitochondrial disorders. Tomorrow I'll have the muscle biopsy to confirm if I have the varient, he feels there may a sub group of us with this cause for our dysautonomia. It's two months to get these results back, so like all things.........hurry up and wait.

The sub set he spoke to was in the cause of our dysautonomia, the ANS disruption could cover all types of dysautonomia. Mitochondrial disorders are only one of the possible causes, what lead me down this path was over whelming exhaustion, and muscle fatigue after very limited activity. I'm orthostatic hypertensive, stomach pooler, HR increases around 50 BPM and my pulse preassure narrows to around 15 when standing. Has anyone else seen Dr. Schoffner?

The sub set he spoke to was in the cause of our dysautonomia, the ANS disruption could cover all types of dysautonomia. Mitochondrial disorders are only one of the possible causes, what lead me down this path was over whelming exhaustion, and muscle fatigue after very limited activity. I'm orthostatic hypertensive, stomach pooler, HR increases around 50 BPM and my pulse preassure narrows to around 15 when standing. Has anyone else seen Dr. Schoffner?

Nope, where is he? I get exactly the same symptoms!

Dr. Schoffner doesn't treat dysautonomia, he's mitochondrial testing. I was very surspised to learn during my office visit he has a compound (that's all he would call it) that he's looking to get FDA approval for a research study on. Had my muscle biopsy and spinal tap today, I'll know in two months if I qualify for the study. His theory is if he can fix or help the mitochondrial problem, the dysautonomia will follow, again that's only if a mitochondrial problem is the root cause of our dysautonomia.

Did it sound like his "compound" is focused on a low level mitochondrial fatigue sort of thing? Like a muscle fatigue thing or a CFS sort of deal... or did it sound like a nervous systems sort of thing? Or something else? I understand he was vague, just wondering if he hinted as to what specific symptoms the compound was intended to address most directly (with the rest kind of clearing up in response).

Good luck! I hope you get some answers. I started down the mitochondrial road, but this doctor doesn't accept Medicare as insurance, so that put an quick end to continuing to consider the option. However, when I was exploring the option he was spoken very highly of.

~ Broken_Shell :)