Shaking & Urination

gertie

When I went to bed I felt calm & relaxed. I actually fell asleep right away only to wake up after a few min feeling like I could jump out of my skin. I don't know how to describe it, I felt like I was having or about to have involuntary twitching over my body. I also got cold & shakey. My tongue was tingling like I had been electrially charged. I get a gnawing feeling in my stomach. I started having to urinate probably because I was so nervous. I went to the bathroom at least 5 times in 30 min. It felt like my brain was over firing & wouldn't calm down. I took an Ativan & have seemed to calm down after about an hour. I think I've read that some of you may have experienced similar symptoms. I've experienced this several times & it always frightens me. What causes a relaxed body to awake to these weird symptoms?

This must be what the dr calls autonomic seizures. I guess I answered my question. Thanks.

If you're urinating frequently during the night, you may be suffering from interstitial cystitis or another urinary problem. If you still have frequent urination at night when you're not having an 'episode', it may be worth checking out. I was surprised to learn that I had it.

When I have my internal tremor events I'll have the same thing. I have to urinate so bad, I'll get up and walk hands on knees to the bathroom. Go for what seems like forever, get back into bed only to have the same feeling like I haven't gone for hours. While the event lasts I'll go like this 5 or 6 times in an hour. It's crazy, no one has been able to explain this one, after the event or flair is done it's back to normal.

toddm, I had a neurologist tell me once that our brain fires more at night & there are more seizures at night. Have you ever done research on autonomic seizures? Is it possible that is what you are experiencing? When it happens to me I have to get out of bed. It's like I'm being hit with electrical

charges & I have to get up & move around.

That must be scarey. Maybe I'm a big baby but when these things happen that I can't control it freaks me out. Do you take any med's for seizures like Ativan or Neurontin when this happens?

I used to get this when I overdid it...got overtired...I'd shake and need to urinate over and over again. I was told the ANS controls urination and the body just dumps all its fluids since the ANS is out of control with the episode and the body shakes to get the blood back to the brain. These episodes could last hours or days. With cymbalta I haven't had the episodes at all...I think the norepinephrine really helped me.

I used to get pure anxiety right after going to bed at night, and it's very similar to what you described! I don't get it anymore though because I've cut so much stress out of my life. Definitely took a long time to get to that point though, and it could come back randomly if I have something to do the next day that I'm a bit up tight about.