Teeth broken again!

StaceyYount

Hey,

I know I have brought this up before but I had another tooth break Monday night and it has an abcess and now I have to get a root canal. The last one was sooooooooooooo awful and I need at least 5 crowns, with one tooth that is broken and hasn't been fixed. This is like the 4th tooth I have broken. I hate the dentist it kills me and a root canal. Its not as if we don't have enough to handle and just when you think ok I can handle this something else happens. I am so frustrated!!!! Did I say I hate the dentist???????? And of course we are out of insurance money for the year so I have to pay this all. Arghh!

Stacey

:)

Guest Mary from OH

Stacey,

Do you know if breaking teeth is a part of POTS?? Maybe part of the anxiety and everything? Do you clench your teeth or have TMJ? Sorry if you've been through all this before, but I'm new. The reason I ask is that I broke a tooth and needed a root canal and crown this year too!! I thought it was a strange coincidence. I clench my teeeth VERY hard. My dentist jokes I have jaws of steel. I have even clenched through the bite plates they make for TMJ.

Hugs and Prayers!!

I hope you have a gentle dentist!!

I LOVE mine!!!

Oh Stacey... I sure feel for you. I can't stand dental work--and I still haven't finished getting my tooth fixed from two years ago. I have had the 2 bone grafts, and the implant... now I need to get the implant exposed and the new tooth implanted and I'm just not up for the pain or the cost.

My insurance only covered the extraction; all the rest was mine to pay--more than 1500$ so far. Thankfully, my dentist offers something called "carecredit" which is a medical credit card. The bill them directly, and then I'm allowed to pay over time. Unlike a regular credit card, it's only for affiliated medical practices (my periodontist is affiliated too).

Feel better! Nina

May I add an alternate perspective? The mouth--and everything in it--is central to our very being. For almost all of us, our mouths allow us to take in life-sustaining nourishment. We use our teeth to chew and grind, our tongues to taste. Food--in its infinite varieties and tastes--can satisfy physical and emotional needs, and and without our teeth, we would be enormously handicapped in our ability to both consume and enjoy it. We use our mouths to kiss! To breathe! With a smile, we can lift someone's spirits, change someone's mind, leave an impression, make a friend.

There is no price I WOULDN'T pay to restore (not "fix") a tooth. A healthy mouth is priceless!

(I have so much more to say... but for tonight I must say goodnight.)

:)

Merrill

Stacey, how terrible! I am so sorry you are going through the dental pain once again. I have never thought about dental connection to pots but I had to have a tooth pulled last year because it was cracked and couldn't be saved. Extracting it was a nightmare because it kept breaking.

I too hope you have an understanding dentist. take care