Lond Distance Drive

sandymbme

My situation has deteriorated to where I need more care than I can come up with on my own. So my family (aunt and parents) are shuttling me down to where they live in Charlotte. So should I: A) drive 4 hours one day and four hours the next, or ;) drive 8 hours and collapse in Charlotte. My aunt will be the one actually driving, and her car's seat recline just about paralell to the ground. I lean more towards doing it in one shot, just because I often can't get out of bed the day after seeing Dr. Grubb, which is a five hour drive round trip, and I am afraid of getting stranded half way. What are your thoughts?

Tips for riding a long distance:

- Get one of those suction cup window shades to keep the sun off you

- Sunglasses

- A squirt bottle if you get too warm in a sunny car

- Lots of water bottles

I'm sorry you've deteriorated to this point. Honestly, I think I'd just try to make it in one day. If you had to stay at a hotel, you'd have to spend more time packing/unpacking that evening and if the room wasn't comfortable might not get a good rest anyway. But you know your body best!

I'm with Thankful. I would do the drive in one day, get it over with, and then collapse. Bring a comfy pillow, and the rest of the items she mentioned, plus healthy snack food. Good luck!

Cheers,

Jana

Oh, this just isn't fair.

Thank God you have the loving support of people

to bring you there.

I'll pray for a safe trip, packed with comfortable memories,

and some laughs along the way.

We can still make them.

Pain meds can take the edge of pain off.

All the other tips were great.

And when you get back and found a new trick too help

please tell us.

I only travel with toddlers in my pain and suffering, on a family trips.

I've taught them I spy with my little eye. It helps divert

my pain, and a child's view, laughter and changing of the

rules of the game gets me anywhere.

All other times it's alone in a cab, till they add another patient in.

it's a hard long ride home when your sick, sometimes 2 hours out of the way.

hang in there.

blessings and love,

belliamia~

My situation has deteriorated to where I need more care than I can come up with on my own. So my family (aunt and parents) are shuttling me down to where they live in Charlotte. So should I: A) drive 4 hours one day and four hours the next, or :P drive 8 hours and collapse in Charlotte. My aunt will be the one actually driving, and her car's seat recline just about paralell to the ground. I lean more towards doing it in one shot, just because I often can't get out of bed the day after seeing Dr. Grubb, which is a five hour drive round trip, and I am afraid of getting stranded half way. What are your thoughts?

My situation has deteriorated to where I need more care than I can come up with on my own. So my family (aunt and parents) are shuttling me down to where they live in Charlotte. So should I: A) drive 4 hours one day and four hours the next, or :P drive 8 hours and collapse in Charlotte. My aunt will be the one actually driving, and her car's seat recline just about paralell to the ground. I lean more towards doing it in one shot, just because I often can't get out of bed the day after seeing Dr. Grubb, which is a five hour drive round trip, and I am afraid of getting stranded half way. What are your thoughts?

Would it be possible for you to fly instead of drive? Maybe, if it is a short flight, that would work better for you. Do you know how long of a flight it might be?

Thanks for all the feed back, I think that I will do a straight shot. And of course thank you so very much for all the concern. I feel so often lately that everything is slipping away from me, it helps so much to have people who know EXACTLY what it is like!

Thanks for all the feed back, I think that I will do a straight shot. And of course thank you so very much for all the concern. I feel so often lately that everything is slipping away from me, it helps so much to have people who know EXACTLY what it is like!