Rain, Rain Go Away!

So it has rained on and off all week and it is just killing me. Today I have only been awake a few hours because I would rather sleep than take the amount of narcotics required to make my pain manageable. I have arthritis in my neck, which accounts for some of it. But I also feel pain in every bone of my body, and it does literally feel like the pain is in my bones. Anyone else?

I don't have pain, but the low barometric pressure also totally kills me. My sympathetic nervous system goes off the hook and I experience the most horrible pressure in my head, neck and ears, accompanied with a whooshing feeling and noise that can block off every other sensation in my body or sound. Ugh, horrible. I had to move from the east coast to CA just to escape the swings. Now, I deal with summers that make me feel a million bucks better and winters that dig me a nice big hole to jump into. I constantly tell my boyfriend that if we could just move to San Diego, I swear I'd be cured of this thing. I'd say the weather is my number one trigger and enemy.

Yeah I get this as well - I have Ankylosing Spond as a well as POTS - both came on at the same time and both seem to flare up at similar things to Rheu. arthritis (things like weather changes, etc).

There are people working on the possibility that for some patients POTS is actually some kind of inate autoinflammatory response similar to that with occur in RA and similar disorders - so rather than antibodies, its just inate local inflammation that is somehow effecting vascular control and circulation.

I get the worst reactions and am at my lowest when it's really hot here - I'm in Tucson, AZ. Right now we're having weeks of high temps (103-109) and I can't be out for more than a few minutes before I'm absolutely exhausted. We rarely get rain, except during the 'rainy season', but that's been very light here this year, and last. I'm looking forward to moving to a more balanced climate!

Cheers,

Jana