Help Diareha

I don't know what is going on....at first I thought I had a bad reaction to the prozac (my EP doubled the dose) so I stopped taking the new dose. Then I thought I might have a bug.

I have been having non-stop diareha since Tuesday...only getting worse. I took a med to stop it today but it didn't work. I feel awful...I am not dehydrated but I keep going...I can barely sit up from POTS symptomsas well ...headache and feels like I will fall over ...weak hr isn't too bad. BUT what is going on? I have started burping..well not burping (well small burps...) but frequently for the last week as well...maybe longer...thought just dysautonomia stuff...but I will be in the hospital if I don't stop going to the bathroom.

I have been a little stressed....I have some personal issues...but I can't figure this one out...please...has anyone had this....tell me this is not part of dys...or if it is that there is a fix....I will be under 100 lbs..

Thanks,

Erika

I am very sorry that you're having this nasty problem. I know you don't think you're dehydrated, but when you have a bad case of diarrhea, it can deplete your electrolytes and hydration to dangerous levels. I don't think your anti-depressant could be causing this, but you may have a stomach bug or perhaps food poisoning. Either way, it sounds like you need to see a doctor, soon. Keep drinking lots of water, and try taking an anti-diarrheal again. Sometimes it takes a couple of doses to work. Please let us know what you find out, and get better soon!

Best,

Jana

I took Immodium this afternoon...no help. I took pepto-bismoal about an hour ago...I have had some relief...but I hear my stomach gurgling...I know it is just a matter of time....

Angelika - was yours a bug...? or dys related? II have had this since Tues...seems long for a bug...

My rear-end is bleedingm when I am having to go now...

Thanks guys...I am drinking lots but I am ill........

Erika

Hi,

I had a bug, but because I've been sick with other things recently, my POTS kicked in. I had had diarrhea for several days, at least 4, before I went to the doctor. I had the stomach gurgling and terrible gas. I think I would have been okay if hadn't been so sick before, and if I hadn't gotten dehydrated. Please take care.

Why are you bleeding? Do you have hemorrhoids? I have kids, so I bleed because of hemorrhoids. If you don't, where is the blood coming from?

Take care,

Angela

Angela -

I think it is coming from my anus...probably from so many times going to the bathroom. I do not have hemroids...have 2 kids but never any hemroids. I am a little worried...but I am going to keep an eye on it. I am very nausiated now...just took some promethazine...I got a while back for nausea.

I have such cramping...\..just a bad day. Thank god my 15 year old is here taking care of me :0) and my son is at a sleepover...I can take anything for a few days...I just hoppe it is not part of dysautonimia...hr and weakness is all I think I can handle...

How did they fix you?

Thanks,

Erika

Hi Erika,

If you can afford it, I would suggest seeing your doctor or the urgent care to get checked out and see if you can get some IV fluids. I have had several autonomic "GI flares" like this that landed me in the hospital. Keep trying the Immodium, and drinking lots of fluids. The foods that seemed to help me slow down are brown rice, apple sauce, bananas, and egg whites. Keep in touch so that we know how you are doing.

~ Broken_Shell :D

P.S. Are you still on the double dose of Prosac? That actually could be contributing...

I'm sorry to read that you're having such problems. I had the exact same symptons whenever I took a ssri. My liver can't handle any of those meds. I had the runs so bad that it was just like water running out of me for at least two days. It slowed down and then it took two weeks for my stomach to finally get settled down. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Maggie

No...I stopped taking the douible dose of the prozac (20 mg). Yesterday I didn't take any...got some refief from the Pepto Bismal and Immodium.

HR is 140+ this am. I normally run around 115 - 120.

I do think it coorelaqted with the increased prozac...and darn shame as that helps my symptoms (or at least some of them).

Thanks all!

Erika

Another reason it could be lasting so long is if it's tied to food poisoning. I had a nasty case of it and my diarrhea lasted 5 or 6 days. I had to have a colonoscopy done...Can you relate your symptoms to a possible food culprit?

Still not doing so good...pepto bismal and lots of fluids... :(

I don't think it is a bug. My kids don't have it. Can't eat hardly anything without this reaction..

I will go see my GP tomorrow but I really don't think he will be able to help. He was the one before my POTS diagnosis that told me to try to exercise more....I told him I couldn't even dry my hair... :)

Thanks...Erika