Rashes?

Nauthiz

Does anyone get rashes? I lately have had a few that really get dry and hurt and reocurr randomly, i have one on my face by nose usually kind of patchy, then also one in my sternum they both reoccur at random for a week or two each then go away for awhile. Does anyone else experience this or know what it is?

A lot of times they can be as simple as dry skin. Use a dermatologist-recommended moisturizer a couple of times a day on the areas, and see if this helps...

Hi,

I had a few patches of rash on my chest. When I saw a dermatologist, he said it was a type of seborrhea commonly seen in people with neurological conditions. It cleared up with topical prescription steriod cream.

~ Broken_Shell

I've had small red or pale raised bumps on my face, neck, sternum and inner arms for a decade. They come and go. At first, I noticed that stress made it worse. I've also had mild flushing since then that has gotten progressively worse. Recently, I had a really bad flush from my chest up and 2 hours later had those small itchy, burning red bumps from the chest up. I showed them to my mom and she thinks they look like heat rash. Makes sense since when I flush, my skin is so hot last time I had to put ice packs all over my upper body and head. My mom has carcinoid syndrome and flushes regularly like this, but she doesn't get the rash. Her flushes last for minutes, though, where mine can last for hours. Wierd, that's all I have to say. :P

Is the rash near your nose dry / flakey at all? I seem to be prone to bouts of seborrheic dermatitis by my nose and eyebrows. Unlike regular dermatitis / eczema, seb derm responds best to anti-fungal treatment like ketoconazole rather than emollients.

Probably worth seeing your PCP and letting them take a look at the rash.

Flop

Ramakentesh,

your dry skin round your eyebrows sounds just like seborrheic dermatitis. It is caused by the same fungus that causes dandruff. It often goes away on its own or you can help it on its way with something like ketoconazole cream.

Flop

my cardio notes that i have red mottled skin. my chest usually looks like i'm going to having a mild reaction to something.i was dx with rosacea a few years ago and it was really scarey to me. everyone kept saying why is your face so red and do you have acne at your age? :) i wanted to wear a mask. i thought it was the mask of lupus, as i have a high ana, and a lot of the other signs. the doctor watches this. my complection is now fine until that heatwave comes over me. i used to blush as a child well this is a BLUSH FULL BLAST! I just bought a portable fan to wear around my neck today. takes 2 double a batteries. It's also for when i can't breathe the plummy told me to have a fan blow in my face. swore i'd never wear one of those things. bought two cause i lose everything.

now i had broken out with a petechiae rash on my lower legs last month from Ibuprofen to blunt my heart rate. doc made me stop that. now i'm not on anything new and it's come back. I know it's not a good sign. I had an appointment with my POTS/Neuro DR. SPEC. yesterday and the cab messed up. never got there :) , so I'll have the hospital look at it tommorrow while i'm being infused and call my doctor. Anyone get petechiae rash?

BLOTCHY BELLA MIA~ :blink: