Food And Chemical Intolerances

jjb

I have read chemical intolerances can occur with folks having dys.

I am wondering how prevalent it is and if folks may also be vulnerable to food =intolerances.

I am especially wondering about sugar intolerances. Both fructose and glucose. I seem to have more touble with fructose. Intolerance to apples and similar fruits.

Am also intolerant to alcohol.

This also affects me. I found out last year that i am actually allergic to cane sugar. I have chemical intolerances where i need to leave the room when cleaners are used, and most perfumes bother me as well. that means any fragranced product gives me a reaction, even some makeups have caused reactions.

i have many food intolerances, including gluten and caesin.

I have read chemical intolerances can occur with folks having dys.

I am wondering how prevalent it is and if folks may also be vulnerable to food =intolerances.

I am especially wondering about sugar intolerances. Both fructose and glucose. I seem to have more touble with fructose. Intolerance to apples and similar fruits.

Am also intolerant to alcohol.

when i first got POTS anything would set it off - pizza, sugar, corn, yeast - you name it! As it settled down the first time thankfully these allergies havent returned as much. Ive never been intolerant to alcohol - despite the fact im regularly told I should be - infact i find it helpful at times.

Things that still set me off in particular are aftershave and face creams. Im a guy so this isnt too much of an issue, but something in them brings on POTS for me.

Dairy products seem to set off my POTS symptoms and my IBS. Perfume,overly fragrant smells and cigarette smoke give me headaches and make me cough.