Good Thoughts Still Requested--some Setbacks Today

MightyMouse

Hello everyone, My father was doing great on Weds am, and they were thinking they might actually release him by the end of the week, but by last night, there were problems. First problem is a wound infection at the incision site--they had to debride it today which he found to be quite painful, and he's now on antibiotics. He has existing heart problems, and is now retaining fluid in his feet/legs, so they're waiting for cardiology to straighten things out...but meds are dicey right now b/c with only half of his liver, they have to be careful about what they give him and how much. With adding antibiotics, that changes his "liver load", so we're all just hoping and wishing really hard right now that he can get past these rather big hurdles.

He had eaten his first small meal Weds and did pretty well with it.

I think I've aged a few years in the past week...

Nina

I've been wanting an update, Nina. Wish the news were better. You and your Dad are most definately in my heart and prayers. I hope the infection clears up and he needs less and less meds daily. Don't forget to take care of yourself, Nina. Care taking/worrying is hard work.

Big Hugs-

Julie

Nina~

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father. I'm sending positive energy your way. Please remember to take the time to take care of yourself while you're taking care of others...It's so important. Please keep us updated on how you and your father are doing.

My best,

Jana

Just a quick update--my dad was discharged on Sunday the 19th, to stay locally for about 2 more weeks with relatives b/c he's still got a ton of appointments. Also we are still WAITING for the pathology report about exactly the type of cancer we're dealing with.

Nina