Dejavue Or Seizures

gertie

Do any of you have what my neuro calls dejavue? I have experienced this several times over the last few years & wonder if it is related in someway to dys. I start feeling like I am digressing into another memory or life. It is a feeling I've been there b/4 but I never fully get into the whole memory. It's a very familiar feeling when it's happening, but when it's over I can't remember what the memory was. I still know who & where I am but it's a strange feeling. It lasts only a few moments but it is so scary. I always have a headache when it's over. I don't think I've ever known anyone who experienced this. It seems to happen after exercise or when I have been very stressed. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks.

Yes I have heard of this. My husband, who had many kinds of seizues had them. Of course if you are spiritual..or in tune..they can be memories..but since you meantioned a headache afterwards.. I am afraid to say they MAY be seizures.

A neuro who specializes in epilepsy would know. I am not sure if all neuros would know.

Let me know how you're doing. I am concerned.. you can even PM me. ok

Warmly, Jan

Thanks for your replies. One neuro says seizures the last neuro I went to wasn't concerned. I usually only get them when I am on a new med or hormones. When I mentioned this to the dr her only comment was, well don't take the med. She did testing & doesn't think I have seizures. We don't have very good dr's in my area.

Well all I can add is that when my husband had them..( he had seizures AND brain trauma from a major seizure)..we did not think they were that serious but the neuro's RN said they can do damage if not treated with meds. I hope you'll get an answer. He got on new meds and they went away.

Let us know

Jan

Did you consider psychosis? Since you get a detached feeling, don't know where you are or who you are, and cannot "complete the thought/memory"... Also, medications can induce psychosis...especially steroids.

I became psychotic on Florinef when I tried it. I felt detached, and although my rationality said "no", I truly FELT as it everything around me was floating upward. So wierd. Next day, I was so tired, had a horrible headache, but I was no longer derranged.

Friend of mine woke up middle of the night when her husband was medicated with steroids, and he was screaming and trying to kill her. He is totally benign off of meds. He didn't remember it later, or know who he was at the time. Steroids can do really wierd things to our brains!

Again..depends on WHO you talk to. When my husband had them..yes you could say he was in the psychosis part and it scared his dad. He tought he knew EVERY one..EVERYTHING was familiar. BUT.. a psychologist we were seeing (for aftermath of his brain trauma) said animals get REALITY 3 seconds before we.humans do. My husband was getting the reality 3 seconds before WE do..then 3 seconds later feels as if it was all so famliar. I thought he could use that to his advantage and not be frightened by it. He was in sales..he could look at a potential customer and know exactly what they were looking for. It REALLY helped his sales..customers were really impressed as he just knew what they could afford or not etc.

BUT the neuro RN said he could be having more memory damage with dejavu seizures. I used to be on an epilepsy forum and yes people with seizures can get these type. They can be disturbing until you find out what it is.

My husband had a medication change and they went away. Again our therapist and I thought they were ok..unless they upset my husband.

Good luck finding out.

Jan

I get dejavu clusters. Usually when sleep deprived or as med side effects.

They are likely simple partials seizures but I wanted to mention in a book on autonomic dysfunction I have, it states it can be difficult to differentiate between a simple partial seizure and autonomic activation and gave dejavu as one of the SP examples.

SO I have been wondering if deja vu can be yet another quirky autonomic thing.

Incidentally, seizures can also look a whole lot like psychosis, as in TLE. It is imp to keep that in mind. Often psych pts are wrongly DXed and never get the seizure treatment they need.