Question For The Ladies!

toni

hello ladies,

hope you all are having a good day.

i was wondering if yeast infections are a common problem that you all suffer?

i have them constantly and i find it quite worrying.

x toni

Hey Toni-

Sorry you are dealing with that. They are not an issue for me. I don't think they are linked with autonomic issues. Try cutting out all sugar and anything white (bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) from your diet. AND, if you can tolerate dairy, try a daily Activia yogurt with probiotics OR takes a daily OTC culturelle (probiotic capsule.) I hope you're better soon.

Julie

Toni,

I'm like you...I seem to get more 'female problems' now, but I usually end up with bacterial vaginosis and pap smears that need to be repeated. I try to always wear cotton underwear and not let myself get sweaty in my vaginal area (ie, after exercise). I hope this helps a little!

Peace,

potsgirl

I think yeast is something some women are prone to. I have read over the years that birthcontrol pills can be a common cause.

Here's what Women's Health . Gov says about cause ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did I get a yeast infection?

Many things can raise your risk of a vaginal yeast infection, such as:

* stress

* lack of sleep

* illness

* poor eating habits, including eating extreme amounts of sugary foods

* pregnancy

* having your period

* taking certain medicines, including birth control pills, antibiotics, and steroids

* diseases such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV/AIDS

* hormonal changes during your periods

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmmm.... Stress? Illness? Certain medicines? Sounds like easy triggers for POTS women who are prone to yeast infections.

Yeast infections are common in women with "systemic candida" or weakened immune systems. Do you also have thrush often? (White yeasty mouth infections) I used to get them every time I had antibiotics, so I co-treat with pro-biotic/acidophilus in between doses of antibiotics while I am on them. Diflucan was a great med for me, far less mess than the creams! Good luck in getting rid of them!