Dysautonomia Symptoms: Which Affect You Daily?

jump

Which Dysautonomia symptoms do you have on a regular basis?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure there's probably already a poll like this out there but I searched and couldn't find one. So many of us have so many different symptoms I was just curious to see what the most prevalent are. I know there are a lot that sound like they over lap (like postural tachycardia vs. orthostatic heart rate) but I know some people have a high standing heart-rate AND a high resting hr, and some just see a big change, so I was curious about the details. Similarly, I know some have hypotension when they stand up only, and some have hypotension all the time that just gets WORSE when they stand. I wanted to see the breakdown - hope it's not too confusing! Also, sorry a lot of symptoms aren't included - they only allowed me 40 choices. :)

Great Poll! Thank you. I can't wait to see all the results. :)

Great idea! As I'm sitting here with my heart palpitating along, it was reassuring to see that 23/30 (if my soggy, foggy brain remembers correctly) people also have palpitations. I am anxious to see the results as more people vote.

Thanks,

Babette

i'm actually really surprised by the results so far! it says only six people (so far) have panic attacks, yet twice as many have flushing. i am an unfortunate one with both, but i read SOOO much more about panic attacks than the facial flushing. that's just an example, but some of the responses have surprised me. same with a lower than i would have expected blood glucose response. interesting poll!!!

Valliali,

maybe it's because this is what people experience more or less on a daily basis -- I'm sure more people experience occasional panic attacks, but (thankfully!) it seems like not too many experience them daily or almost daily.

You know, it's funny though, because I do think here we all tend to talk more about the abnormal symptoms we experience. We don't end up asking questions about the daily stuff because, well, we're used to it!! :D So it is kind of interesting to keep in mind that the symptoms that affect people the most aren't necessarily the ones that are the most talked about.

It's too bad the percentages for the first two questions are all messed up. Later I might calculate some of them myself, because I'm interested, and if I do I'll share them here.

very true, jump! when i first became sick, for like the first year, i was having debilitating panic attacks like three or four times a day. it was crazy!!! fortunately, that has completely mellowed out, and i'm proud to say i haven't had one at all in like five months, which is HUGE progress. but i suppose when i looked at this, i just thought about how "typical" my panic attacks were and was surprised not everyone else had the same thing. but i know how different we are, and how much things change over time, so i definitely understand what you're saying!

very true, jump! when i first became sick, for like the first year, i was having debilitating panic attacks like three or four times a day. it was crazy!!! fortunately, that has completely mellowed out, and i'm proud to say i haven't had one at all in like five months, which is HUGE progress. but i suppose when i looked at this, i just thought about how "typical" my panic attacks were and was surprised not everyone else had the same thing. but i know how different we are, and how much things change over time, so i definitely understand what you're saying!

you sound just like me. i could not get out of bed without having a panic attack...

its been a year and a half since i was diagnosed and i have had maybe 3. just knowing i have POTS and why i have these symptoms calms me down a lot