Poll: Regarding Limitations

Poll about Limitations  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully this poll will work!

The first two questions allow you to check all that apply to you. The Third question asks you to choose the 1 biggest obstacle.

I'd like to hear from as many as possilbe...newer and "older" posters. If you are in contact with folks who don't post here much anymore please ask them to drop by so we can hear from as many as possible.

Sometimes when folks do better they drop off the boards and we don't get the benefit of having their answers in these evaluations and it would be helpful to have their input!

Thanks everyone!

Guest brianala

Just FTR, the last question did not apply to me but I could not complete the poll unless I answered something so I chose 'other.'

Edited to add: That's odd, I could swear I checked "I've had symptoms all my life," and yet the results show that there are zero submissions for that answer.

Guest brianala

Strange, my selection of "other" does not seem to have registered, either. Are you able to view submissions? I'm wondering if any of mine went through.

I really like that you did this poll - thanks. It was very interesting to me, and I hope others will take it so we have a greater number of responses.

potsgirl

I wrote "other" on what is the biggest obsticle to keep me from working.

There's a combination of things, although fatigue is one of the biggest, there are days when the pain trumps the fatigue, or the tachycardia does ect. I have additional health issues, so they also contribute to my inability to work--- :)

Thanks for the poll poorbear--- :)

Maxine :0)

Hi Poohbear,

This is a very informative poll.

For the last question about working I put other. The hardest thing for me is the feeling that the world and I are moving. Along with the fatique, chest pain and shortness of breath this it makes it hard to function. Thankfully I work part-time and mostly at home. I only have to attend meetings and do presentations a few times a year. If it weren't for being able to set my own schedule, I would not be able to work at all.

Thanks!

Babette

Thanks for doing this poll. I was glad to see the question about singing. That was the first symptom that I noticed in my life, and still a most bothersome one. I felt like I was all alone, but now know I am not.

Suzy

Hi :)

I chose 'other' for the last question. The main reason I have difficulty working is the fainting when I stand up for too long and the extreme fatigue. My job is standing up and walking around so it does make it difficult. I've had to cut my hours down to 10 per week as it's all I can manage. Luckily my work is very accommodating about when/how much I can work. And luckily I work somewhere accessible by public transport as I can't drive at all.

Also, I chose 'Been dealing with symptoms for less than a year'. I was diagnosed in December after a couple of months of tachycardia and fainting, however I think I may have had the condition for longer as it explains some of the symptoms I had post chemotherapy. However I can't be absolutely sure of that.

• 6 years later...

I'm unable to be upright for longer than 10-15 minutes at a time, even sitting, so getting out in the field is very difficult. I have been able to find a little bit of work to do online from home though. But, since I can't drive and be out of the house without reclining or feet up for the most part, working otherwise is very challenging.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...